chapter one; stay close to me

"Hi, I'm Harley," I say, shaking two boys' hands. One about my age and the other, probably ten.

"I'm Zach, this is Gray," the boy says straight-faced.

"Umm, so first I will just take you to places you want to go to...or I could just recommend some of my favorite sites and spots," I say.

"Sure," the older boy, Zach, says while staring at a couple other girls his age.

"Well, let's go," I say. The boys follow behind me, but soon the younger one marched right up in front of me.

"We could do those hamster balls..." Zach says, his voice filled with annoyance.

"No let's go see the sea animal first!" Gray says excitedly.

"Whatever," Zach groans.

"You ladies been here before?" He asks flirtatiously.

"Let's go then..." I roll my eyes.

"Yeah," the girls giggled.

"Cool," he continues to flirt, which gets on my last nerve.

"We're leaving, Zach," I say, my teeth clenched.

"Okay, bye girls," he says to the girls as they scoot away.

"Are you gonna do this all day? Because if so...it looks like you won't need me," I spat at him.

"Chill, chill. We can leave," he says, running a hand through his hair.

I take us to the sea animal, which they were feeding. It was having shark.

I pretty much ignored the show—considering I've seen it ten times—and told the boys to meet me outside right when the show's over.

I call Owen. "Owen, this is awful! One of the boys is my age, and he's a jerk...plus he's a player. But apparently I wasn't worth his moves. Then the younger brother is totally high maintenance," I tell my older brother.

"About that...sorry. You're gonna have to keep the boys company until their aunt can take them off your hands. Sorry little sis, gotta go," he says then hangs up.

Ugh, I don't know how much more I can handle of these kids.
I think to myself.

"Hey, Harley," Zach says. "Let's go," he says. The show must've ended.

"Uhh, next stop...the hamster balls!" Zach says sarcastically.

"Let's goooo!" Gray cheers. "Okay, okay. Let's go," I sigh.

In Line For The Hamster Ball Ride;

We stand motionless, in silence, waiting for our turn in line.

Zach continues to talk to girls...so obnoxious.

"Okay, next, it'll be our turn!" Gray says. "Yippee!" Zach sighs.

We get inside the hamster ball, "man! Oh man! This is gonna be soooo fun!" Gray says.

For a long while, no dinosaurs were in site. Then we came across a gate that was completely torn through. That's when I heard a voice, "all rides return to the park, all rides return to the park," it says. "We should go back..." Grey says.

"Really, Grey? Aren't you worried we aren't getting the full Jurassic experience?" He asks.

"No, Grey is right...we need to go back," I say.

"Too late," Zach says as he pulls the lever that makes the ball go forward.

I sigh, but was kinda glad I didn't have to back with my brother. He was sooo boring.
We would basically train the raptors, then we would go home...and he'd talk about the raptors.

So doing something like this, although painful, also interesting.

"Hey look...four dinosaurs," Zach says, "told ya you were gonna get the full Jurassic experience."

"No, there's five," Grey says. "No...four. See; one, two, three, four," he count out the dinosaurs.

"Five..." Grey says pointing to the reflection of a bigger, scarier dinosaur.

"Yeah, there is five," I say, my voice trembling.