chapter three; stay close to me

We get out of the jeep once we reach the park, and chaos had already broke out.
"We'll never find Owen in this mess," I say, fighting back the tears.

"Don't worry...it's okay," Zach says rubbing my back. "We need to get somewhere safer, it's way too dangerous out in the open," I say.

We go inside a coffee shop, our breathing heavy and uneven from running. Zach looks at me, cups my face with his hand, and kisses me. For some reason I don't want to pull away. I liked the feeling of our lips crashing against each other's.

"Umm..." Grey breaks the awkward silence after the kiss. "Uh, sorry," he says sheepishly.

"No need to apologize," I say a mischievous smile plastered to my face. Then I see my brother, right outside the coffee shop, he was being held down by a pterodactyl.

"Owen!" I yelp, running out after him. I steal a gun that was laying on the ground, kick the thing off of him, and shoot it.

"Wow, Harley. Last time I saw you...you were...uhh...really young," Claire says.

"Yeah, well, I'm all grown up now," I say, spitting on the pterodactyl.

"Thanks, Harley," Owen says engulfing me in a bear hug. "I missed you little sis," he says. "I missed your B.O.," I laugh.

"Come on, we need to get outta here," Owen says and we take off.

Author's Note; well, sorry for the short chapter...I'm getting ready to go on vacation. Thanks for the votes - please check out my other stories!!
xx, ava