Chapter 1 : Their lives

Author's pov :-

Location : Manali , Himachal Pradesh.

The sun was setting behind the snow-capped mountains of Manali

The town was slowly coming to life as the evening approached. In an old orphanage on the outskirts of town, a girl was quietly packing her belongings, preparing to leave the only home she had.

She is 18 and she has to leave her orphanage now.

She walked through the corridors remembering all sort of emotions she felt in these 18 years in that place.

She quickly wiped her tears when she noticed her Anand kaka , who is father figure to her. He was the one who gave her shelter in this orphanage , and also the caretaker of the children loving in the orphanage.

She quickly walked towards him and joined him in the Pooja , where other children were also present.

"Noor! Why everyone's energy is this low?" She whispered to her best friend Noor. She is just some months younger than her.

"Hamare jaane ki Khushi me dukhi hai ye log" Noor said.

"Matlb?" The girl asked confusingly.

"Ishqi! My dumb head , everyone is sad that we are leaving" Noor explained her after hitting on her head slightly.

Ishqi's lips curved into "O"

After Pooja, every one looked at Ishqi and Noor.

"Kaka! I promise I will achieve something big in my life. I will make you proud. This place had given me some many precious things and people" She said to Anand. And looked at those little children. "Chote chote bhai behen , Aap jaise kaka aur Noor kaisi best friend." She said hugging those children.

"Riya , Payal and dipti Anand kaka ko jyada pareshan mat karna" She told them.

After talking to her family , Noor and Ishqi finally , left their comfort zone. In order to chase their respective dreams.

But she was feeling as if she left her head behind. Whatever she is , is because of this orphanage and people who live there.

She already knew once she turned 18 , she has to leave this place. But who knew these 18 years will pass within a blink of an eye.