❪ ☕️ ❫ , 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐜 𝟎𝟏

❝ only you, my girl, only you,
babe ❞

𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴:

dark red - steve lacy

0:00 ━━━━●───── 02:53
ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻ ♡

⊱ꕤ⊰ ⋆ ☕️ !! ⁞ ☆

( Y/N L/N )

often, i find myself becoming rather overwhelmed with my studies. my brain feels as if it's about to explode whenever i try and sit down to study. my thoughts become jumbled to the point where i simply cannot focus. not even my favourite music can drown out my thoughts.

though, recently, i seem to have found a solution for my dilemma in the form of a relatively small and homely coffee shop located not too far from my university. i'm honestly surprised it's not bustling with students or adults who are on their way to work in the mornings. the coffee they sell is to die for.

i prefer to visit this particular coffee shop alone and in my free time, when i find myself getting overwhelmed. i bring whatever i need with me that day and set it all out on a table at the back in a corner. then, i begin to revise over my notes. the coffee shop is quiet for the most part and they actually play decent songs, which is another reason why i tend to visit there often.

not only is their coffee to die for, but there seems to be this certain person who always prepares my order for me. i've noticed how they tend to stay hidden in the shadows, reluctantly taking orders from customers when asked. they appear to keep themselves to themself, which honestly isn't a bad thing. perhaps they just dislike socialising, which, also, isn't a bad thing. i suppose i can relate to them somewhat despite not even knowing them.

this barista has striking purple hair — obviously dyed, yet i find it accentuates their features more. plus, i also feel as if it's a good way of expressing your style as well as yourself. i've noticed a couple of piercings littered across their ears and face, yet they wear a mask almost all of the time, so it's hard to tell. their eyes are that of a deep blue colour, with lilac undertones depending on the lighting. i feel as if they stand out more due to their fair skin. many rings adorn their fingers, paired with black coloured nail polish on their nails. i often find myself admiring how well painted they are from a distance, not daring to remark on them in fear of making a fool of myself.

seeing as today i had no lectures to attend to, i decided to visit the coffee shop that i had grown to adore. i had various assessments coming up, so i really had to get my head straight and study relentlessly.

pushing open the door to the coffee shop, i was immediately greeted with a warm and comforting feeling that engulfed me. it felt like a well-needed embrace of sorts. the small bell above the door chimed, signaling that somebody had just entered.

i peered around the small building. it was quiet, as per usual, the odd person here and there sat at one of the tables scattered around. my eyes were quick to settle on the table that i usually sit at; a square one nestled comfortably into a corner.

approaching the table, i begun to place various notepads and pieces of paper onto the surface, followed by pens and revision sheets. i sat down with a small huff, instantly frowning at the piles of work that smirked up at me with teasing expressions.

i'm this close to dropping out and moving to a different country.

hesitantly, i ever so slowly opened one of my notepads. my messy handwriting scribbled all over the page was quick to slap my in the face. i internally groaned, wishing to shield my eyes from the sight.

music. i thought as i begun to feel my pulse quickening.

switching my phone on, i clicked on spotify and begun to scroll through my playlist as i rummaged around in my bag for my headphones.

what song would be appropriate...?

as i continued to search through my playlist of what appeared to be never ending songs, a song from the coffee shop's speakers begun to play. my eyes widened slightly. it was a perfect song for my current situation.

i wonder who's in charge of the music here. we have to become friends.

placing my phone down onto the table, i shoved my bag away along with my headphones for the moment. i leaned my chin on my hand, my eyes flitting down towards the multiple words splayed across the pages of my notebook.

some time passed before i felt a small tap against my shoulder. i jumped in surprise, whipping my head up to see who had the audacity to touch me...

my mouth opened, only to close again seconds after. i must've looked like an utter idiot, staring up with a stupid and dumbfounded expression.

"i'm sorry. i tried calling out to you many times, yet i think you were too preoccupied."

it's you!

i blinked a few times, simply staring silently at the familiar purple haired barista who had, for whatever reason, appeared before me. i cleared my throat, suddenly aware of the fact that i looked like a complete and utter idiot. an embarrassed flush had settled itself onto my cheeks.

"i'm sorry, i must've been too caught up with studying. uh... what is it that you wanted?"

i watched as the barista shifted slightly, stretching out his arm towards me. my brow raised in confusion until i glanced down and noticed that he was holding a handful of pens of mine. how i didn't hear them fall out of my bag, i have no idea.

"oh... thank you so much." i muttered, embarrassed, as i quickly took the pens from his hand. i placed them in my bag immediately after, ensuring they wouldn't roll out again.

"no problem," the purple haired barista shrugged, his words muffled by the mask across the lower half of his face. "uh... did you want to order at all?"

i thought about his question for a moment or so before nodding.

"ah, yeah... i think i will." i smiled. "can i come up to the counter and view the menu?" i honestly haven't any idea why those words slipped from my mouth since i knew damn well that i was going to order what i usually do.

"sure." the other replied flatly, turning around as he made his way to the counter. i followed behind, feeling my heart jittering within my chest.

i pretended to take my time reading through the options, despite knowing very well that my eyes were fixed solely on my favourite drink.

"could i please get (favourite drink)?"

the barista nodded.

"good choice."

⊱ꕤ⊰ ⋆ ☕️ !! ⁞ ☆

AAA THE FIRST CHAPTER IS DONE!

i've finished my studies now, but oh GOD do i remember the stress of it all. just thinking about it is giving me war flashbacks.

i'm so excited for this book to progress, you have no idea. i have so many ideas lined up >:)

scaramouche/wanderer wearing piercings and nail polish is canon to me 😔🙏

anyways, only a short first chapter to start off with, but they will get longer as everything starts to fall into place.

thank you all for giving this book a chance!

i'll see you in the next chapter! ♡

- A