Chapter 13

I immediately dive under the table, huddling between Lila's legs. Her short skirt covers me like a makeshift shield, her bare legs pressed protectively around me.

The Casanova brothers take the table next to ours, while their bodyguards remain on high alert.

I can only see their polished shoes and the occasional movement of their legs. Anger churns inside me, especially when I think of Carlos casanova's perverted hands on me and the unsettling memories it stirs.

I nudge Lila and whisper urgently, "Take a discreet photo of them. Make sure it’s clear they’re in this restaurant."

She glances down at me, nodding, and quietly pulls out her phone. As she snaps the photo, she gasps—the flash was on. The table beside us goes silent, and a bodyguard approaches her.

"Ma’am?"

Lila, ever the quick thinker, says in a sultry tone, "I’m sorry, I just thought you were incredibly handsome and wanted to sketch you."

The guard, seemingly satisfied, returns to his post, and the table's chatter resumes. We exhale in relief; that was far too close.

They seem to be settling in, which means we can't stay here forever, especially with me trapped beneath Lila. My ears perk up to catch their conversation.

"Sharp at 9 PM, the lorries will deliver it to the assigned location," Carter Casanova says.

"Boss is smart, except he seems hesitant. Stopped our gang from—" Carlos’s voice trails off into a whisper, and I can't catch the rest. I curse silently; it must be important.

"Seriously? For some woman, he stopped that?" Carter grunts, the disdain evident.
"No way he could be in love."

A foreign voice chimes in, "Our boss? Hah. A power-blinded fool in love?"

The table falls silent, and suddenly, a gunshot pierces the air. Lila jolts, her head snapping down as I freeze, horrified.

"Nobody talks about our boss like that."

A man drops in front of me, blood gushing from a bullet wound in his neck. He locks eyes with me, his gaze filled with terror before he goes limp.

That man had chased me at the party, and now I was the last thing he saw. My body shakes.

This boss—whoever he is—commands such ruthless loyalty and fear. Who is this powerful figure?

As the Casanova brothers leave, chaos erupts in the restaurant. Screams and cries fill the air. I scramble out from under the table, my face pale. Lila, equally ashen, has tears in her eyes.

We rush out of the restaurant, just as the place is swarmed by police. I am the only one who knows the full story behind the man’s death.

The pressure builds inside me. This is no ordinary drug case; I’m now entangled with a vast criminal organization.

---

We made it back to the hotel, adrenaline still coursing through our veins.

"Twice, Nadia. We almost died twice today. Are you sure about this?" Lila’s voice trembled with a mix of exhaustion and worry.

I ran my fingers through my hair, frustration and pressure mounting. "Lila, I don't have a choice. This isn’t just about drugs. There’s something bigger here. These people, they have power and aren’t afraid to use it. Innocent lives are at stake."

I punched the pillow, the frustration seeping out. Lila, sensing my turmoil, gently laid beside me, her presence soothing.

"And you’re not alone in this," she said with unwavering support. "We’re going to get these people behind bars. I’m here for you, no matter what."