(CHAPTER FOUR) A box of surprises (BOXTEN TF)

it had been five minutes ever since Patricia's transformation into a toon made of bubbles was complete, Charlie had managed to calm her down a bit and help her refocus again, and now Patricia finally had a sense of calm within her mind instead of pure terror.

despite all the help Charlie gave, Patricia was still terrified of what had happened to her.

"l-listen, Patricia, even if we aren't able to find a way to turn you back to normal, we will atleast figure out a way to get out of here, alright?" Charlie said as Patricia slowly moved away from him.

"..what's even the point of me getting out when I look like..this? ive become this strange..creature..anybody who sees me out in the world won't recognise the fact I was even human, people will just think I'm just some weird- freaky little critter-" Patricia kept muttering to herself.

"hey- heyheyhey- your not a freak, or anything like that! your fine!" charlie said quickly.

"I..I just don't want anybody to see me like this-"

the door behind them suddenly slammed open as Patricia immediately bolted away and hid behind the counter.

"HEY! I HEARD SCREAMING IN HERE! IS EVERYONE OKAY?!" the loud, booming joyful voice of sherry suddenly echoed through the entire kitchen.

"GAH!- WHAT THE- SHERRY?! WHY DID YOU SCARE ME LIKE THAT?!" Charlie cried out.

"I didn't mean to scare you! I just wanted to make sure nobody got hurt! I think I heard screaming coming from here earlier, what was that all about?" sherry asked.

Charlie knew that the screaming she had heard was probably from Patricia, so he knew he needed to hide the truth and pray sherry doesn't try snooping around.

"um..uhh- I just dropped this metal tray on my foot earlier! yeah, that's what the screaming was from! heheh.." charlie said as a bit of sweat dripped down his forehead.

"hmm..oh, I see now! hehe! I'm sorry for barging in then!" sherry said.

"phew, that was a close call.." Charlie thought to himself.

"..also, wheres Patricia? I thought I remember seeing her walk in here.."

Frick.

"u-uh..sh-she left! yeah, she thought this kitchen was too boring for her and left! yeah! that's why she isn't here!.." Charlie said as he felt even more sweat drip down his face.

"hm..yeah, that makes sense! I always knew Patricia to be the type of girl who would like wandering all over the place, so she must have started exploring somewhere else!" sherry responded.

"Welp, I'm sorry if I wasted your time here, i shall be on my way!-"

"HIC!"

sherry froze after hearing something "hiccup" nearby.

when she turned around, she noticed bubbles floating up from behind the counter.

"..am I crazy, or did I just see a bunch of bubbles appear out of nowhere?" sherry asked.

"b-bubbles? what bubbles? there weren't any bubbles!" Charlie responded.

while both Charlie's and sherry's current emotions were both worry and confusion, Patricia was suffering from sheer terror.

she had accidentally hiccuped earlier, causing a bunch of bubbles come out of her mouth and be seen by sherry.

Patricia knew she might get spotted soon.

"I don't want to call you a liar, but I SWEAR I just saw some bubbles back there..it seemed like it came from behind the counter.." sherry said.

"..I'm gonna see what's back there-"