29-HOLI (2)

"What's bothering you?" Arjun who was sitting right next to Diya couldn't control it anymore. Her reaction was a little too worried. She was constantly looking outside towards the truck.

They were alone in the study as Jayesh was still outside because they were waiting for Anamika who was in Ananya's room trying to get her ready to come for whatever Jayesh want to say. And Dadi asked Arjun to call her once everyone was there as she was tired and wanted to rest.

"Nothing.... I was just surprised because as far as I remember no one other than Bauji was interested in all of this.." Diya replied, rememberin how much her father in law wanted landscape the huge backyard and her mother-in-law always refused, telling him that it was too much for her taste.

"It was Aarohi actually.... She convinced Maa a few days back and then she didn't stop. It was crazy, maa was like I want to start the work as soon as possible and what not." He said smiling. Diya's heart sank, to the beautiful smile Arjun had right now because of Aarohi.
If he and his family is so happy after me then why is he not agreeing for the divorce?

"Aunty has changed alot.... Ummmm... After....." Diya spoke.

"Oh no! I think she just misses Dad. When he was around he kept pestering her to landscape but when he is gone.... She just wanted to fulfill his wish... That is how love works I guess....." He looked at her affectionately.
"May be you will value me when I am gone!"

"Don't say that Arjun.... You have Aarohi.... She values you alot... You should just get rid of me and marry her as soon as possible." Diya said.

"Oh my God Diya!!!! You are a very clever woman!" Arjun's face has a mischievous smile.
"How quickly you used my own statement against me!"

"I.... No.... I...." Diya was embarrassed.

"Relax... I know what you mean but I have learnt it a hard way that we shouldn't marry people we don't love.... And I don't love Aarohi atleast not romantically." This was the first time Arjun said that he doesn't love Aarohi.
"Earlier.. maybe... But not now!" This confession confused Diya. How could someone be pinned on one person for last 7-8 years and now when it's possible for them to be together they say they are not interested.

"You two have shared a life.... She still lives with you!" Diya felt the urge to fight for Aarohi. She didn't deserve this... She came back fighting all the odds for Arjun and now he doesn't want her.
"She still works in your company, she still worries for you!"

"Friends can do that too!" Arjun said and that infuriated Diya.

Friends!

Friends.....

She got up and left without a wasting a second. But before she could exit the room Arjun grabbed her wrist.

"What? What did I do?" Arjun asked.

"Leave me I want to go Home!" Diya said.

"How many times do I have to tell you Diya that stupid apartment is. It your home.... Your home is with me...." Arjun said, pulling her closer. But before he could say anything further Diya pushed him away. She rubbed her wrist where Arjun has grabbed, there were red finger marks.

"And how many times do I have to tell you Arjun that place isn't my home anymore... Rather it was never.... No matter how much I try Aarohi was always there.... And now when you have finally got her in that house... You think I will ever come back..." Diya sounded angry.

"I have kept my promise Diya! I kepty promise.... But I can't make you trust me!" Arjun pleaded
"You need to believe me!"

Before Diya could say anything they both turned to a seducing voice.
"Arjun! I wanted to put colour on you!" It was Aarohi who was dressed in a while top with blue denims. She wasn't really dressed sexy bit looked really attractive. No man could ever reject her advances and the way she spoke was enough for any man to walk like a dog behind him. Surprisingly it was the first time Diya noticed this.