temptation ⛓️

I woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing relentlessly on the nightstand.

Groaning, I reached for it, still half-asleep, and squinted at the screen.

Emra.

Oh, no.

Memories from yesterday came flooding back—the study session, the casual conversation that quickly spiraled out of control, and then… the moment I realized Emra’s dad had probably overheard me call him a DILF.

My face heated up just thinking about it. How was I supposed to know he was standing right outside the door?I swiped to answer the call, bracing myself for whatever new embarrassment was about to unfold.

“Morning,” I mumbled, trying to sound more awake than I felt.“Hey! So, don'ttttt panic...i have somethingto tell you..,” Emra started, and I could already tell she had prepared my death bed .

“You left your notebook here last night.....and we have a quiz tomorrow ”

I sat up in bed, rubbing my eyes. “Oh, crap.. I can come by and get it.” My heart raced again. The thought of seeing her father again was worth losing that notebook for a while.

“Yeah, about that.....,”

Emra said, her voice taking on that suspiciously cheerful tone she used when she was trying to soften a blow.

“My dad’s actually on his way to the office and he said he’d drop it off at your place.”

I froze.

“Your dad? ....Coming here????”

The sentence hit me harder than balancesheet problems.

“Yep! He figured it’d be easier since he’s heading that way anyway.”

I could feel my heart rate spike. Why? Why couldn’t Emra just bring it herself?

“Emra, no. I can come get it. Seriously, it’s no big deal.”

“He already left, Tamrah,” she said, and I could hear the grin in her voice.

“It’s too late.”

I groaned, flopping back onto my pillow.

“You know what happened last night, right? The whole DILF thing?”  I asked.

“Of course I do! But don’t worry, he’s cool. He didn’t hear anything.”

“But honestly , I think he looked flattered. You should’ve seen his face.”

I covered my face with my hands, wishing I could disappear into the mattress. “This is a nightmare.”

“Look, Tamrah, he’s just dropping off a notebook. It’s not like he’s staying for tea. You’ll be fine.”

I sighed, knowing she was right but still dreading the encounter. “You owe me big for this, Emra.”

My hair was a disaster, and I had dark circles under my eyes. Perfect.

“Good luck!” she sang, and I could practically hear the mischief in her voice before she hung up.

I stared at myself in the mirror, running a hand through my tangled hair.

What was I going to do?This wasn’t how I’d planned to start my Sunday—panicking over an unexpected visit from the very man I’d mortified myself in front of less than 24 hours ago.

But here I was, scrambling to make myself presentable and praying I could get through this without saying anything else stupid.

This is going to be just fine, I told myself, trying to believe it.