CHAPTER THREE

✽~Lacy~

Ruby told me to pack a backpack with essentials. So I did. Since it was night, a flashlight just in case. An extra charger, a sweater, my phone of course and a snack. She still hadn't told me where we were going though. My parents seemed to be asleep by now, same with my brother. So I snuck out of my house with her. In her ugly dark green jeep.

I threw my bag in the back seat and climbed into the passengers seat next to her.

"So, where are we headed?", I asked.

"School", she grinned in the dimness of her car light.

"School?", I asked sharply. "Why school? It's like, 10PM".

"Exactly! We're just...paying a short visit. Nothing big. We're just going to open up the school computer and check out Kelsey Rose's address."

"So...we're breaking in?"

"No, it's a short visit", she smirked.

"And why exactly do we need Kelsey Rose's address?"

"If I'm correct, then Kelsey Rose's parents should have a security camera or maybe several cameras around their house that we can check out. Who knows, maybe we'll actually find something of importance on those cameras".

I rolled my eyes. It was a smart idea but not a very smart plan. If we got caught we'd be toast. But I guess deep down inside me, I wanted to know if maybe we could actually find some important information about this crime. So, I said yes.

We drove to the our high school in silence, unsure what to speak about at this time.

It took us about 10 minutes to get there. We parked about two blocks away from the school so no one noticed the car.

Because who wouldn't notice a big green jeep parked in front of the school at 10PM?

I reached behind and grabbed my backpack from the backseat. Ruby grabbed her backpack. Then, we walked the rest of the way from the car to the school.

Once we got there, I turned to her. "Are you sure about this? There's probably another way, you know".

"Stop being such a scaredy cat, and yes, I'm sure. Plus, what other way is there? Going up to Maggie and saying 'Hey, can we have your probably dead friend's address?' ". She said the last part with a bit of a fake high pitched voice.

"Ugh, fine", I crossed my arms. "Let's go break into school", I started walking but then I paused. "I never thought I'd say those words".

✽~~~~~~✽✧✽~~~~~~✽

"How are we gonna open the door?", I asked.

"Don't worry", she reached into her backpack and pulled out a keycard attached to a neck band with Mr. Alarie's face on it. "I got us covered".

"You stole his keycard?", I asked with an open mouth smile spread across my face.

"Right from under his big, french nose".

She swiped the key on the sensor next to the door and it made an unlocking sound. We pushed the door open and stepped into the school.