Chapter 13

Tim kept an eye on his older brother after the first incident. He seemed to have calmed down and was fine. He didn't act that way to anyone else. Did Shirou say something to his brother? He doubted that Shirou had asked Grayson something that would lead to him almost rip his arm off, go a little harder on him, maybe, but that extreme.... That was training he would do with Black Canary or Batman. Tim sighed and put it into the back of his mind. He would have to ask about what happened later. For now, he had to focus on his own partner he was fighting..... His own girlfriend.

"What was with Nightwing? I've never seen him so.... Agitated... have you?"

Cassie threw a few punches as Tim dodged and blocked.

"No, and it worries me. I already knew he didn't like Gil, but Shirou? He and Dick are on good terms. They were planning on taking down Gil."

Tim did a side shuffle and got behind Cassie and went to take a hit. She dodged.

"Yeah, you did mention that. Although, you aren't off the hook quite yet."

Cassie twisted around and stopped Tim's hit before it could get to her.

"Oh, what for?"

"Keeping a certain speedster hidden from us."

Tim jumped back and gained distance from Cassie.

"Hey! What was I supposed to say? Guess what, remember a certain speedster that died and the Team lost not one but two members? Well guess what, he's back! Also, I had to deal with my girlfriend almost being killed by Ra's spirit, a de-aged king and my brother coming back from the dead."

"Oh, right..... yeah, okay, I guess you did have a lot on your plate at the time......"

"Yup, and things just keep adding to it."

"Well, you can always talk to people about your concerns. Like me. I'll listen."

Tim smiled at Cassie.

"Thanks Cas."

"No problem, and you lose."

"What?"

Cassie had watched the training session between Gilgamesh and Jason and she was able to watch the move that Jason did to knock Gilgamesh to the ground. She dropped to the ground and extended her leg and swiftly knocked Tim to the ground and hopped back up. Tim was surprised but started to laugh.

"Alright, alright, you win."

"You better not have been going easy on me, Timothy."

"I wouldn't think of it, Cassandra."

Cassie helped Tim get to his feet and then planted a kiss on his cheek.

"So, where is our friend in yellow?"

"He and Achilles are having a race to see who's faster."

Cassie started to laugh at that. Of course that's what Wally was doing. Although he was still slower than his other family members, he was still faster than normal people. She wondered who would win - Wally may have gained more speed after being a heroic spirit. Cassie and Tim have seen first hand how fast they are.

"Hey, where did Bart and Jaime go?"

Tim looked around. He didn't see either of the two teens. He could have sworn they were here.

~~~~~~~~~

"I really don't know if we should do this."

"Jaime, Jaime, Jaime. You worry too much. All we are doing is helping a friend out."