-1-

-Your POV-

A knock on the door startles me awake, I sit up, with a book in my lap and my glasses on.

"(Y/n)! Get up, she's going to be here in twenty minutes!" Caitlyn says from the other side of the door, impatiently.

I stretch, yawn, and then plop down on the bed, sighing. Today is my day off of bartending, so it's pretty much just the day I play games, organize shit, and I guess say hi to my new roommate.

I let myself sink into the bed some more and sprawl out, maybe I can sneak a couple more minutes of sleep in. I look over at the clock, in little red digits it reads 8:34, which is much earlier then I usually get up since I work nights.

I sigh, put on a pair of socks and a sweatshirt, and head out to the kitchen. Caitlyn is cooking breakfast, humming to herself. She looks over her shoulder and sees me, a smile on her face.
"Good morning"

"Morning, whatcha making?"

"Just some scrambled eggs and toast, I'm going pretty easy on breakfast today, I have to go to work early."

I nod, she's been working herself to death over her last case, she's already stressed enough getting us a new roommate, she needs a break.

"Do you ever stop working?"

She laughs, tilting her head with a smile.

"Of course, it's just I've been a little more busy lately, that's all. It's not like bartending, where you go home every night."

"Every morning, actually."

"Yeah yeah whatever, point is I don't have a real schedule, I'm working most of the time but I do take breaks."

I head over to the fridge and pour myself a glass of milk, then walk out to the balcony overlooking the city. I take a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air as a breeze blows over. I love Piltover, the expansive "City of Progress"

The birds are singing, I can hear some music too, and an engine revving, much louder than all the others. It's going to be nice having someone new in our lives, it's been getting pretty lonely lately since most of the time we aren't around with each other due to work, plus we've had an empty room for the longest time that we didn't know what to do with. I hear that same engine rev up before quieting and then disappearing altogether.

"She's here!"

I finish my drink and set the glass down,
"That was quick."

Caitlyn nods,
"She said there was a whole deal that happened with her previous roommate, and she had to find somewhere to stay soon."

A knock at the door sounds through the kitchen and I rush over and open it. Standing there is a girl about my age with pink hair, aviators, and a black leather jacket. A light smile appears on her face as she shuffles her luggage around.

"Hi, does Caitlyn live here?"

I stand there a little flustered because of how good-looking she is. After a moment I regain my composure and answer,
"Yeah, yeah, um, she's making breakfast right now, but I'll help you bring your stuff in."

"Thanks."

She hands me a duffel bag and a backpack, then I lead her to the vacant room. It's smaller than mine but still decently sized, with a queen-size, dresser, closet, and a window looking over the city.

I set her stuff beside the bed, and she drops off her suitcases.

"It's a nice room" she remarks, scanning the room with her hands on her hips. She turns over to me, takes off her glasses, and extends her hand,
"I'm Vi."