-4-

-Your POV-

Shit, I didn't mean to press so hard, or be mean, goddamn it I'm stupid. Clearly she didn't want to talk about it, why did I keep pushing?

I flop on the couch, turn the TV on and sprawl out, maybe I can get some sleep. I remember I haven't finished my ramen, I sit back up and grab the bowl, still steaming.

I really wanted to show her some more of the town, but I think we're done for the time being. I hear the front door open and Caitlyn walks in, carrying groceries.

"You're home early."
I remark, then get up to help her unload. I put a gallon of milk in the fridge, as well as some ice cream in the freezer.

"Yeah, after sifting through paperwork at the office for a couple hours, I thought I'd treat myself to one of those breaks you speak of."

I laugh a little, before heading back to the couch.

"Where's Vi?"

I pause for a moment,
"In her room, I wouldn't try to talk to her though."

"Why?"

"Well, we kinda got into a... fight."

Her eyes widen and she puts her hands on her hips, before repeating back to me angrily,
"A fight?"

I nod,
"I asked too many questions, and we got a little hostile, she asked me to leave, so I did."

She stands there for a moment, before calming down,
"Did you at least make up with her?"

"I haven't talked to her since, I think she just needs some time to herself."

She sighs, before heading to her room, I lay down and doze off.

-A few hours later-

My eyes open slowly, I blink trying to adjust to the light. I hear some rustling by the front door, Vi is putting her jacket on, she glances at me.

"Where you off to?"

"An, uhh, interview."

"Ok, stay safe."

She smiles softly and nods, before picking up her duffel bag and going outside. I think we've both calmed down, which is good.

I get up and head to my room, close the door, sit on my bed, and boot up my laptop. I lean back against the wall and sigh, my phone buzzes and I look over.

Becca: You up to play something?

Me: Perfect timing lol, I'm turning my laptop on rn, and sure, I'm for whatever

Becca: Aight, how about Civ?

Me: Civ works, I'll hop on a call

Becca: Sounds good

I launch Civ and we join a game together, she introduced me to it, even though I was reluctant at first I eventually grew to love it.

We play for several hours, before finding a good stopping point. I shut the laptop off and lay down, my thoughts drifting over to Vi.