Jim.

After what had happened, Jodie was by Carter's side at all times. Even if he was dragging all the walker corpses to the fire, Jodie was right next to him. Lori tried to call her over a couple times to have a small snack, but if Carter wasn't going, then Jodie wasn't. She didn't want to lose her only family member left. Jodie hadn't fully processed her mother's death yet, and that's why she didn't think too much of it. But after the walkers attacked the camp, Jodie thought more and more about her mother's passing, and how she didn't want to lose Carter the same way.

"Hey, why don't you go sit with the others in the RV, yeah?" Carter said, huffing out a breath.

Jodie shook her head.

"Why not? Look, nothing's gonna happen." Carter shrugged. "You can watch me from the window for all I care. Just go have a drink and eat something. Please?"

Jodie pressed her lips together, thinking for a moment. And, reluctantly, she nodded, turning around to make her way to the RV where the other kids were.

____

After a few hours, Jodie and everyone else had moved outside. It was late afternoon now, so the air wasn't so hot.

Jodie sat on a chair next to Carl, watching as Rick, Shane and Dale were just returning from their short hunt. It didn't look like they got anything.

"I've, uh... I've been thinking 'bout Rick's plan." Shane started, making everyone to look at him. "Now look, there are no, uh, there are no guarantees either way. I'll be the first one to admit that." Shane looked over at Rick. "I've known this man a long time. I trust his instincts. I say the most important thing here is we need to stay together. So... those of you that agree, we leave first thing in the morning."

Jodie frowned slightly, looking over at Rick. Leave? Where would they go? Jodie hadn't eavesdropped on everything.

____

It was the next day now, and Jodie didn't get much sleep the night before. She couldn't, really. The whole time, she was looking at the tent, making sure she didn't see any outline of a person or a shadow moving. Jodie heard that Jim was bitten, so that made her alertness even higher. Carter was up too, doing the same. But he noticed that Jodie was still awake, so he told her to go to sleep, so Jodie tried her best to go to sleep.

"All right, everybody listen up." Shane called out. Jodie was leaning against a vehicle with Carter by her side. "Those of you with CBs, we're gonna be on channel forty. Let's keep the chatter down, okay? Now you got a problem, don't have a CB, can't get a signal or anything at all, you're gonna hit your horn one time. That'll stop the caravan. Any questions?"

Morales spoke up. "We're, uh... we're not going." Jodie, with slightly widened eyes, looked towards Morales and his family.

"We have family in Birmingham. We want to be with our people," Morales' wife said.

"You go on your own, you won't have anyone to watch your back," Shane stated.

Morales nodded. "We'll take the chance. I got to do what's best for my family."

"You sure?" Rick questioned.

"We talked about it. We're sure."

Rick shrugged. "All right. Shane."

Shane nodded. "Yeah, all right."

Rick knelt down, rummaging through his bag full of guns. Finally, he took a handgun out and walked over to Morales, offering it to him. Shane then came over with a box of ammo. "Box is half full."