New people.

Jodie wasn't so sure about following the two strangers, but she really had no choice because Carter literally pushed her over to the ladder and made her climb up before he did himself.

"What are you doing? Come on!" The guy in the cap yelled down to the officer before he followed along.

Once the guy in the cap got onto the metal platform, he helped Jodie, Carter and then Rick up, too. Jodie carefully looked down at all the dead-ish people as she took short breaths, her heart racing as fast as a lion trying to catch its lunch. Some of the dead were even trying to climb the ladder, but that would be impossible to do.

"Nice moves there, Clint Eastwood." The boy in the cap said to the cop, "You the new sheriff come riding in to clean up the town?"

"It wasn't my intention."

"Yeah, whatever. Yeehaw. You're still a dumbass."

"Rick. Thanks." The officer said, holding his hand out for the cap boy to shake.

"Glenn. You're welcome." He introduced, shaking his hand.

Rick and Glenn turned their bodies over to Jodie and Carter as they arched an eyebrow. Jodie looked up at her brother and practically begged for him to speak for her with her eyes.

"Uh, I'm Carter. This is my sister, Jodie." He said, gesturing to themselves. "Thank you for helping us, Rick and Glenn."

"No problem." Rick said, before putting his gun in Glenn's bag. Jodie gave Glenn a smile before looking down at all the dead-ish people piling up.

"Oh no." Glenn looked down as well before looking up at the second ladder which went up to the rooftop. Another thing that Jodie was scared of was heights. Sure, she could handle this height, but not a whole rooftop. "The bright side: It'll be the fall that kills us. I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy," Glenn said, thinking that he was reassuring, but he wasn't at all.

Rick motioned for Jodie and Carter to go before him once again, so that was at least nice. Carter, though, pushed Jodie to the ladder to go before him again, which was not nice.

When the four got to the top, Jodie saw how Carter, Glenn and Rick were looking down at all the dead, but Jodie couldn't. If she did, then she would think that she'd slip and fall like she always would when she looked down.

"Are you the one that barricaded the alley?" Rick asked Glenn.

"Somebody did... I guess when the city got overrun. Whoever did it was thinking not many geeks would get through." Glenn said, as they all ran along the roof before he swung open a metal latch.

"Back at the tank, why'd you stick your neck out for me?"

"Call it foolish, naïve hope that if I'm ever that far up shit creek, somebody might do the same for me. Guess I'm an ever bigger dumbass than you," Glenn responded, as he started to climb down the ladder. Jodie was glad that at least this time, they were climbing down.

Rick held the latch open for Jodie and Carter to go before him once more. Before Carter would push her forward, Jodie gave Rick a quick smile before following Glenn down the ladder. Carter came down after, and then Rick.

Once everyone was down, they followed Glenn through an office like building before they were outside again and jogged down the stairs that were ahead of them. "I'm back. Got a few guests plus four geeks in the alley." Glenn said through a walkie. Jodie wondered if he had another group with him. He must've. Otherwise, why was he talking?

Their pace quickly came to a halt as they saw two of the dead right in front of them, turning their lifeless bodies over to the small group. Jodie's mouth gaped as the dead-ish people's feet dragged across the concrete ground, coming towards them. That was until two people, dressed in armor and holding bats, hit the dead across the head, sending them to the floor.