chapter 3

|...|...|

Amy and Xavier were sat inside the RV, his right hand was rested on the table and Amy was cleaning the blood from his knuckles. He didn't regret what he did, matter of a fact, he was glad he did. Hopefully it knocked Ed's mind into having some kind of sense. His gaze was out the window to his left, and if Amy was talking to him, he couldn't hear what she was saying. "Xavier."

He glanced at the girl in front of him, "Huh?"

"Carol said Ed's pretty bruised up." Xavier gave a shrug, looking down at his knuckles which were now wrapped by bandages. "He had it coming, didn't he?"

Amy hesitantly nodded, "Kind of." He reached his hand out to hers, placing it over it. "Thanks for bandaging up my hand, definitely ain't the last time." His thumb ran along the side of her hand, "It should be the last." She said sternly, to which he just chuckled softly. "If you say so, Amy."

The girl matched her boyfriend's grin, shaking her head. "You're such a dumbass."

"Why thank you." Xavier glanced over at the door which Andrea had just walked over to and leaned on. His eyes landed back on Amy, and he motioned toward her sister with his head. When she looked over at her sister, Xavier looked away, back out the window. "I'm going fishing, you wanna come with me?" His gaze returned to Amy, who was still looking over at her sister. Amy nodded, "Sure. Just let me finish bandaging this idiot up."

"Okay," Andrea smiled slightly at the younger two, before turning and stepping down off the lip at the door of the RV.

When Amy looked back over at her boyfriend, he had a fake offended expression on his face. "An idiot? Wow, how rude of you." His grin remained on his face, and she just shook her head at his playfulness. "Yes, an idiot." She shoved the bandages back into the dark red first aid bag and stood up to put it back in it's place in the RV.

"But a lovable idiot." Xavier's grin turned to a soft smile and stood up from where he was sat, "You better catch a lot of fish. Otherwise we'll be eating Daryl's squirrels." She turned away from the cabinets and faced him, "Well no promises, but I'll try." Amy pressed her lips against his cheek and his smile somewhat broadened. "And be careful." She just nodded, turning again and stepping out of the RV to follow her sister down to the quarry. Xavier watched her leave and made his way to the RV door, and out. He walked over to the dead campfire, sitting down in one of the seats.

Xavier looked down at his bandaged knuckle and then Carol and Sophia who were walking away from their tent. Carol gave him a light smile and he just nodded, glancing away. It's not that he regretted what he did, he just didn't know how Carol and Sophia felt about it. He didn't know if it hurt them. He just hoped it didn't.

|...|...|

He exhaled slowly and glanced upward, seeing Dale up on the roof of the motorhome. Xavier stood up and walked to the back of the RV, climbing up the ladder to the roof. His hands rested on his belt, "Anything?" He stood next to Dale, glancing around. Dale shook his head and his gaze landed on the hill the RV was directed at, "What the hell.." The elder man muttered.

"What's he doing? It's like a hundred degrees."

"I've got no idea," Dale raised his binoculars up to his eyes still trying to figure it out. Jim was up on the hill, digging like a mad man. "I'm gonna go check on him. You comin' with me?" Xavier glanced at Dale, who now lowered his binoculars and nodded. The two walked to the ladder, "Ladies first," Dale joked and Xavier chuckled before he got down onto the ladder, "I ain't no damn lady." Both chuckled as they got down the ladder and made their way over to the hill where Jim was digging.