Chapter three

Travis Hart

He's said two sentences, and my entire day is already ruined.

There he was, in my family's doorway, being the same asshole he's been since we first met. He has his hoodie pulled up over his head like some shivering little boy who just got dropped off in the middle of nowhere, his dirty blonde hair peaking out onto his forehead. He's wearing basketball shorts and the same cross necklace that he's worn since the day i first met him. I could gag by just looking at him, and I could puke by looking at how my sister is looking at him.

"Mom, dad, April fools was two months ago. Please stop." I beg, looking around for reassurance that this is some type of joke. But, by the way my dad is avoiding eye contact, and my mom is picking at her nails, it doesn't seem to be. "Jonah will be staying with us for the summer." My mom says, clasping her hands together and straightening her posture as she attempts to look stern.

She looks over to my dad, giving him a death glare before nudging him, making him yelp and nervously stutter out, "A-and you'll like it!" He says in an attempt to sound strict, before immediately walking past her and heading back to the kitchen. Mom slaps her forehead, clearly agitated.

I open my mouth to speak but before I can, my mom is hushing me. "Trav, we don't need you complaining. You either let Jonah sleep in your bedroom with you, or you can sleep on the couch." She says, looking between me and Jonah. I scowl and make eye contact with Jonah before saying, "Couch. I pick the couch."

He grins, picking his backpack up off the floor and pushing past me to head upstairs. "I am so going through all your stuff." he says, before booking it up the stairs.

This instantly sends me to an unexplainable rage. "No, the fuck you're not!" I shout, whipping around and running up the stairs. Tessa bursts out laughing and runs up the stairs with me, yelling to leave him alone. I hear my mom let out a sigh and I can already imagine how this entire is summer gonna be. Hell.

***

It's now been seven hours since Jonah Davids arrived with the worst news i've ever heard, that he's staying. It's almost time for dinner when I decide to walk into my room to make sure he's not touching my shit. I push the door open to see him looking at himself in my full body mirror. He's not flexing, or admiring himself, he's just kinda staring? It's actually really creepy.

"You're not hot, Davids." I say, knocking him out of his trance and walking into my room, grabbing one of my multiple blankets, a pillow, and my charger.

Jonah scoffs as he watches me grab my things before opening his mouth, "how do you expect me to charge my phone, if you fucking take the charger?" He huffs. I groan at the sound of his voice and roll my eyes, looking back at him and saying,

"How do you expect me to sleep when you take my fucking bed?" This only makes him grin (extremely creepily, I might add), and I already know he's gonna respond with some petty ass comment. "I don't know, maybe count dicks til you fall asleep." I roll my eyes even harder, so hard that i'm afraid they'll get stuck behind my head.

"Only in your wettest dreams, Davids." I sigh, and hear him mumble something in response. I  begin walking out, flicking out the light to spook him then ignoring his yelp and request for me to close my own bedroom door.

When he comes downstairs and sits at the table to eat dinner, Tessa follows right behind him and sits right next to him, which is nothing new. I'm sitting across from Jonah, which is unfortunate cause now I can't look in front of me or i'll lose my appetite. My parents are sitting to my left, watching my every move so that i'm not 'bullying' Jonah.

Is it bullying when he's started all of our fights? I don't think so.

"You're so cute," Tessa says to Jonah through giggles and it makes me wanna gag. My parents are laughing too. Jonah has somehow managed to get pizza sauce on his nose and apparently that's what they're calling cute. "She also thinks the orange ninja turtle is cute, so that's not a compliment," I say, making my parents sigh.