Chapter eleven

Travis Hart

I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off, vibrating the nightstand where my phone laid. I let out a long, drawn out yawn. Fuck I really don't wanna do this. I manage to silence my phone, pull myself out of bed, and walk to the bathroom.

After I shower and put fresh clothes on, i'm putting the remainder of my things in my backpack when I realize Jonah somehow managed to sleep through my alarm. I slowly creep towards where he's laying on the floor, then use my foot to shove him slightly.

"Wake up, cowboy." I say through chuckles, in hopes of my presents being enough to annoy him to consciousness. To my surprise, the asshole didn't even budge. He just stayed there, snoring, his chest slowly moving up and down. He looks relaxed, his blonde hair falling slightly over his eyebrows as his lips part. He looks cute. As soon as the thought grazes my head, my face instantly flushes. I shake my head in disgust, a chill going down my spine.

I didn't mean that Jonah was cute, I just meant that he looked relaxed is all!

I adjust my shoulders, taking my phone out my sweatpant's pocket. The date reads Saturday, June 8th. I let out a sigh, before going back to waking Jonah. I bend over and slap his face lightly to disrupt his sleep, which only makes his nose scrunch up.

"Davids, wake up." I say louder and finally, he squints his eyes open. He looks at the dim sunlight shining through my black curtains, and he lets out a loud groan of protest before rolling over on his side, shoving his head further into his pillow. I shake my head, why can't he ever just do what he needs to do without being forced? I kick his stomach lightly which makes him shoot his eyes open, immediately clutching his abdomen and slowly sitting up.

"What the fuck, asshole?" He complains, and suddenly he doesn't look so peaceful anymore. He starts vigorously rubbing his eyes, managing to get himself up and off the floor. He lazily stumbles towards the doorway like a zombie before stopping.

"Wait, when do we have to leave?"

"Um, in like five minutes." A look of horror washes over his face as realizes just how unready he is. I laugh, watching him sprint towards the bathroom. I pick up my backpack, throwing it over my shoulder and beginning to walk downstairs. My parents are sitting on the couch cuddling in the living room, but that's disrupted as soon as my mom sees me. She jumps up, running towards me and pulling me into a tight hug as if she'll never see me again.

My mom might have a bitttt of separation anxiety when it comes to her family.

"Mom, I can't breathe," I manage to say as she squeezes me tight before letting go. "Oops- sorry..." She says, but I get the vibe that she's in fact not sorry. Dad laughs at her, before  walking over to start ruffling my hair.

"You better not hurt or lose Jonah, Leah and your mother will both kill you. And I will be very not happy." Leah was Jonah's mom, and for that I have never felt more empathy and sorrow for a human being than her. I roll my eyes and smile, pulling him my dad into a hug. We pull apart when Jonah comes stumbling downstairs, he looks way better but still a little dead. Tessa is still asleep, so thankfully I won't have to worry about her long and drawn out goodbye hug that she would've given Jonah had she been here.

My parents make sure to squeeze Jonah almost as tight as they did to me, before letting go and letting us start to walk off. I open the front door and wave one more time at them, "Have fun getting that birthday present," I grumble, making my mom shoot my dad a questioning stare, who is currently avoiding eye contact with her.

I unlock my car door and throw my bag into the backseat. I walk around and pull myself into the driver side, and it's right about then that I realize Jonah is still standing at in the doorway, hugging my dad with his eyes shut and head resting against his shoulder. It's clearly a distraction so that he doesn't have to walk any sooner than he has to, that lazy motherfucker. I roll down my window and yell, "Start walking, Davids!" This makes my dad let go of Jonah with a breathy laugh, and I can practically feel the insults Jonah is mumbling at me underneath his breath as he starts walking towards the car.