CHAPTER 1

Hello, my name is YumiiArmstrong

Hello, my name is YumiiArmstrong. Usually my readers call me Mamii, you can call me with that nickname too..

This is my first time writing fanfiction in English. Previously, I only wrote in Indonesian. Welcome, and I hope you enjoy it.

-

"Phi... How did it come to this?" Becky gently touched her brother's body.

"Thank you for coming to visit us, Beck." A weak smile appeared on Richie’s face.

Becky cried over her brother's condition, lying weak with his body covered in wounds that had just been cleaned by the nurses. The emergency room was busy due to a recent multi-car accident caused by a large truck with failed brakes.

"Be-Becky...?" someone lying beside her brother's bed spoke.

"Yes, Phi?"

Becky’s attention shifted to her heavily pregnant sister-in-law. Her condition was no better than Richie’s, except she seemed to have protected the baby in her womb, as there were no visible injuries on her abdomen.

"If I can't be saved... please take care of this baby... You're the only one I trust in this world to care for our child." Her weak hand reached out to grasp Becky's wrist tightly.

Becky's tears flowed even harder, her sobs filling the room. There were no other relatives with her, as Richie and Queen had never received her parents' approval for their marriage.

"Please don't say that... Both of you must survive; you have to raise your child together..."

Suddenly, Richie’s condition worsened, causing Becky to panic and call for help. Queen cried as doctors and nurses gathered around Richie’s bed. Becky stepped back to give them space to work, hearing the doctor mention that Richie was experiencing a heart attack.

She watched as a nurse brought in a defibrillator, applied special gel to the paddles, and handed them to the doctor. The defibrillator was used multiple times to revive Richie’s heart, but there was no change.

Becky tried calling her parents repeatedly, but none of them answered. She decided to stop calling and sent a short message before putting her phone back into her jacket pocket.

Becky’s dread deepened as she saw the doctors stop working. One of them walked towards her and Queen with a sad expression.

"We're sorry, but Mr. Richie has passed away."

The two left behind cried together, with Becky embracing her sister-in-law tightly. But before they could fully grieve, her sister-in-law suddenly went into labor.

Becky stepped aside to let the medical team quickly move her sister-in-law to the operating room for an emergency C-section.

Becky looked at her brother's body, now covered with a white sheet. She uncovered it briefly, letting her tears flow silently before covering him again.