Chapter 16

Next Day,

In the heart of one of the most powerful mafia gang, a large meeting was taking place. The room was tense with an air of urgency as all the members including BD had assembled to discuss some serious matters. However, one person in particular was lost in his own thoughts - Krishna.

He listened idly to the reports from his associates, but his mind kept wandering back to her.

Arjun noticed his distraction but shrugged it off.

In the middle of the meeting, krishna's phone began to buzz. He glanced down at the screen and saw rukmini's name flashing on the caller ID. For a brief moment, he hesitated, knowing that he shouldn't be taking personal calls in the midst of a meeting that was crucial for his gang's interests.

However, the pull was too strong to resist and he picked the call. Arjun kept looking at him suspiciously while others were busy with the meeting.

Rukmini-- Krishna!!

Krishna-- hmmm
He spoke softly while glancing at others especially BD who was sitting on the other side of couch.

Rukmini-- Are you free now? I am going out with my friends for dinner will you join?

Krishna-- huh? Dinner?

He looked at Arjun who was sitting beside him and had possibly heard everything , Krishna saw Arjun shook his head while signaling him to look at BD, Krishna looked at balram and sighed.

Krishna-- no ruby I can't.

Rukmini-- Please Krishna!!! Please I want you to join.....

He pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling a wave of frustration wash over him. Part of him ached to run to her side, to immerse himself in her world, even if just for a moment. But the rational part of his mind knew that it couldn't be that simple.

Krishna-- No!

Rukmini-- ohh...ok...but I really wanted you to join my birthday dinner....

Krishna-- WHATTT!!!

Krishna's eyes widened in surprise as she mentioned it was her birthday. He shot up from his seat in shock, causing everyone in the meeting room to turn towards him, puzzled by his sudden reaction.

Arjun eyes went wide, he watched in surprise as krishna reacted so strongly to the news, he slowly looked at BD to scan his expression, who was smoking calmly

Krishna ignored everything and everyone and spoke on his phone.

Krishna-- You didn't tell me? Are you SERIOUS!!

Rukmini-- aa....about my birthday? Oh actually I forgot to tell you hehe...anyways please can you join us plaeseeeeeeee...

He could feel the incredulous gazes of his associates burning into him, but he couldn't bring himself to care.

His heart had made its choice, and he was sticking with it even if it meant facing a world of trouble later. Sometimes, even the strongest of gangsters could be reduced to a lovesick fool.

Krishna-- oh ok...I will be there...

Rukmini-- Ohhhh reallyyy!! Ok good. I will send you address be on time...byee

With this she ended the call.
Krishna sighed and looked around at everyone who was staring at him. They were clearly expecting some sort of explanation for his sudden burst. But this dummy ignored all the curious glances and just blurted out

Krishna-- I have some important work, yall carry on...

BD who was supposedly calm the entire time raised an eyebrow, clearly not amused by his brother's response.