Chapter 20

Auto driver-- Listen madam I don't want to fall in between your problems. I suggest you solve it on your own. I cannot drop you

Rukmini--Please, bhaiya..., I beg of you, you must take me to the police station!

Auto Driver--I'm sorry, I can't get involved in any trouble. That man looks like a powerful person and I don't want myself to be dragged into your mess.

Rukmini--But you don't understand, this is a matter of life and death! I need to go to the police station now!

Auto driver-- WHAT!! Death!! Is that man dangerous too?

He says, as he glances at Krishna's Car which is driving beside them. The driver looks at Krishna, who is driving relaxed and glancing at them with smug expressions, tho he cannot hear their conversation.

 The driver looks at Krishna, who is driving relaxed and glancing at them with smug expressions, tho he cannot hear their conversation

Rukmini-- Yes you don't know him.

Auto driver-- That means he could kill me too!!!

Rukmini-- NOOO!!! Why would he?. He is behind me not you...dont worry.

Auto driver-- But...

Rukmini-- bhaiya, I'm desperate here, I'm telling you, you NEED to help me!

Auto Driver (hesitating)-- I understand your situation, but I'm afraid, it's too risky.

Rukmini (exasperated)--Risky?! Do you know what'll happen to me if you don't take me? I could DIE!

Auto Driver (defensive)-- I'm sorry, but my safety is my top priority.

Rukmini-- So you don't care about my life?🥺...how will you face yourself in mirror after knowing that you left a young girl to die...

After a long, tense silence, the auto driver lets out a deep sigh.

Auto Driver (reluctant)--Okay...fine..I will take you to the police station.

Rukmini (desperate)-- Thank you, thank you so much bhaiya.. You are going to save my life!

As the driver continues driving, Rukmini steals furtive glances at Krishna's car. The sight of it sends a shiver down her spine, knowing that Krishna is still following them.

______
Timeskip,

______Timeskip,