𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 8

Emily

Richard was utterly drunk last night. He didn't even lecture me that much. Anyone can make mistake. Anyone can be careless sometime. Who does he think he is?! My elder brother?.....I think my own words once again . No no no. No way he's my brother! He's way mature and handsome too. he's more like a....boyfri---

I slap my head on the desk. I'm at library for some idea about my next art model. But everything goes in vain. All I can think about is HIM. The way he walks, talks, looks at me...everything about him is so cool. Even yesterday when he was drunk, his dreamy eyes, his heavy breath...so hot. How can God make anyone this magnetizing! I paused for a moment.

Everything is just out of my control. He would do this for anyone. He's a kind hearted person after all. That's it. I sighed and start my research for an excellent idea again.

For anyone huh!
As I was going to yell at myself again, I noticed my phone was vibrating. I checked and saw 2 missed calls from Richard. I didn't call him back. Instead I massaged him and try to focus on my work here. But my concentration didn't last long.

I want to hear his voice. I want to talk with him. I slap my head on the desk again and close the book I was reading. Everyone was there looking at me. Was I acting too weird? I didn't give that any other thought. I take the book I needed and head towards the corridor. I stand near a pillar and called him.

"Weren't you busy with your research?" Such a tease he is!

"I'm done." I can't think of any other good reply. What else I can say? 'I am too lost of your thoughts so I can't focus at all !'....OVER MY DEAD BODY!

"In just..30 minutes? WOW! You know what? You can make the world record of the shortest research ever." He was trying hard not to laugh.

"Did you call me to make fun of me? "

"No." One word answer.

"Then?"

"Wait for me. I'll pick you up from library. I'm almost done here."

"You don't have to." Obviously I have an ego. Why would I take help from someone who's always teasing me?!

"I see. So bad. I was thinking of stopping by the café. I heard they have launched a new pastry. I thought I'll take you there but if you don't want then I don't insist- "

"Tell me where to wait." I just can't ignore pastry because of my ego towards a jerk! He knows my pastry weakness and using it now. He told me to wait in front of the gate of library.

He picked me up at the exact time. A man of his words huh?!

"You're late." I've to take my revenge on him for teasing me even if I have to fake it.

" I knew your mental health was already bad, but never knew that your sense of time is even worse." He makes a pitiful face.

"My sense what- you bastard! What do you gain from teasing me?" I'm seriously annoyed.

"100% self satisfaction." He gave a big smile.

" I'll kill-" I was just about to scream.

"Maybe it'll be too late for pastry if we don't go now."

"Yes sir! Let's go."

He opens the door of his car for me. My silly weaknesses are back firing at me. He starts his car and takes a glance at me. I'm fuming with anger. He didn't mind me and keeps his eyes on the road. I look at him. A sharp jawline, black shirt which's sleeves are rolled up to elbow, veiny hands and long fingers adjusting the steering playfully....In one word, a perfect side profile of him from which I can't take my eyes off.

"Do you want to tell me something?" He looked at me for a sec and focus on driving again.

"You're a tease. You're manipulating me, Mr. Mildfold." I turned my face to the window.

"And you're letting yourself be manipulated. You're just to simple, Emma. The outer world is dangerous. There are monsters everywhere. The world is hell itself."

I don't know what kind of face he's making while saying this but he's right. Monster in human face. No one knows about them more than me. I'm dealing with one of them since I was little.

"So how do you tackle with them?"

" It always takes a monster to handle another." He smirk.

"So you're saying you're a monster too? " I said playfully.

" Yes...maybe." He sounds serious.

"But you're good with me. It's true that you tease me as this is your part time job but still I like this Richard very much. I don't care if you're a monster or not but with you the hellish world feels heaven. I don't mind to suffer in this hell for a little longer because with you, I don't feel like suffering. My heart feels light when you're with me. Sometimes I don't get you but I enjoy every moment with you. It is very selfish of me but I don't want these kind of days to come to an end. Richard I--"

As I turned my face towards him, I saw he was surprised and his eyes were fixed on me. It didn't take me long to understand what just happened. My face becomes beet red and hot but I haven't made any excuse to deny what I said earlier. I just open the window and start taking the fresh air, at least I'm trying to.

He didn't say anything during our ride anymore. I was too nervous and ashamed to face him. He opened the door for me and I get down. He started walking to the shop and I followed him. At a few distance from the shop front door he stopped and looked at me.

Is he going to say something? About my odd confession? Oh God! Can you make me deaf for 10 minutes?

" Don't worry. These days won't end as long as you don't tell me to stop. And you're gonna be more happier. That's a promise and a monster don't break his promise like humans." And a warm , big, beautiful smile. He gave his one hand to my direction. "Let's go neither those pastries are gonna sold out." A smile again.

I've melt by his his smile and my embarrassment vanished automatically. I take his hand. It is warm. He's really something else and my feelings towards him are truly out of my control.

"Yea, let's go inside." The anger inside me no longer exists. Both of us smile with each other and entered the café together.