𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟯

Richard
Around 4:45 am Damian called me. I assigned him to keep an eye on the hospital where the rescued children were admitted and give me updates. He informed that one of the children had get his consciousness back. He's a among the one whom police found at Yokohama. Nathanial, age 18. The other child who was found alongside him was Nina, age 16. It's the very first good omen since we took the case. I had told Cholé to give me their full background details. According to her data, Nathanial and Nina used to be lovers but they had broken up almost two months before they got kidnapped. And surprisingly neither nicotine nor any other drug had been found from him.

I didn't waste any time and rushed to the hospital soon after Damian informed me. As I entered, officer Johan came to me and gave me a green signal to meet with Nathanial. Still I preferred to talk with the doctor, who were in charge of taking care of those three children, first. Based on the doctor's words, Nathanial woke up this morning with an intense head ache and his pluse and heart beat rate was faster then normal. He also reported that he was muttering Nina's name sometimes. The doctor allowed us to interrogated Nath but advised to keep it at a limit. We agreed.

We came out from the doctor's chamber and I went to Damian. He was busy talking to someone in phone so he didn't notice me. As he turned to me and saw me, he cut the call.

"Someone important I think? We can talk later." I teased him a bit. His relationship with me wasn't like others. There are only six people whom I can trust blindly and Damian is one of them. Well he's just 20, making him 8 years younger than me. He surely grew fast. He was just a boy of 11 when I took him in. And now he's an adult man.

"Not only to me. She's important to you too, Da-Sir." He smiled lightly and leaned against wall.

I tilted my head, crossed my arms around my chest and frowned my eye brows. "To me?"

He let out a small laugh, "Iris, she's coming back.... today. Her flight is about to land."

"Iris?" A happiness brushed through my heart as I heard her home coming. She is Damian's younger sister who left for Australia 6 years ago to complete her higher studies. "She could've called me." I released my arms and took out my phone. And there were 5 missed calls from Iris. I didn't realize because my phone was silent. I looked at the wall clock, "I still can pick her up if I can finish my work here fast."

Damian stopped me, "This is more important, sir. She's no longer a little girl. And Cholé will pick her up and drop her luggage at my place. But-" he paused for few seconds. "Maybe she's gonna give you a surprise visit so.... be ready. You know her."

I was gonna ask him about her 'surprise' visit but Johan called me for interrogation. We entered into the chamber where Nath was kept. He was sitting on the bed and looking outside. We exchanged glances and I tried to start conversation.

"Hey buddy. How's ya doing?" Asking that I took a stool and sat near him. Johan refused to sit so he was standing at the end of the bed.

My voice maybe startled him. He averted his sight from the window and collected himself. After few minutes of silence He spoke up.

"Good." He was going to ask something but stopped. He looked away from me, processed some thoughts and looked at me again. "A girl near my age, was with me when we were rescued, she... is she okay?" The worriness covered his eyes.

"Nina Grovis?" Officer asked.

"Yes."

"She's out of danger but still unconscious." I tried to study him and said, "Not only Nina, there are still many kids who are still in danger. So please -" I put a hand on his shoulder "share your information with us as much as possible."