CHAPTER NINE

Freddie stood outside the bathroom to make sure she was okay. That's when he received a text message. He pulls out his phone and the name reads Sam.

Freddie takes a deep breath and opens the message.

I just saw Carly's post on instagram, congratulations on the baby. Hopefully, it doesn't urn out as weird as you are jk.

Sam texted.

Freddie could feel his face turning pale and his heart racing. He sets his phone down on the table and went outside to catch his breath. After he went outside onto the terrace that's when Carly came out of the bathroom.

Freddie, she said as Carly called out his name. Carly looks outside and sees Freddie standing out onto the terrace.

Carly walked out onto the terrace and saw Freddie's pale face.

Hey, what's going on are you okay Carly asked concerned?

Freddie shook his head no. Carly walked up to Freddie and felt his forehead to see if he was coming down with a fever.

Are we sick Carly asked to get more information?

No, Freddie whispered as he didn't want to cry and ruin their romantic weekend.

Are you comfortable telling me what happened Carly asked?

Freddie took a deep breath and said that Sam had sent him a congratulatory message, and it triggered him.

Carly hugged Freddie tightly to soothe him.

Just breathe, Carly encouraged as she rubbed his back.

I thought I blocked her number, but I guess I didn't Freddie said as he tried not to cry.

Hey, you don't have to respond to her texts okay Carly said softly.

I'm sorry if I ruined our night Freddie apologized.

Baby you didn't ruin it, you have every reason to be upset Carly replied.

It's getting late I think I'm just going to turn in for the night Freddie said as his voice cracked.

Is there anything that could make it better Carly asked calmly?

No, I just want to sleep Freddie mumbled as he went inside.

Good night, baby Carly replied with a somber tone. As she watched Freddie go back inside to lay down.

Carly's phone chimed as she also got a text from Sam congratulating her on the pregnancy.

Carly was angered by Sam's text message. She wasn't sure if it was because of the pregnancy hormones kicking in or what. She started texting out a nasty reply to Sam but deleted it and just replied back thanks. After replying back to Sam, she decided to head back inside as she heads inside. Carly stands at the doorway and watches Freddie sleep.

Then she walks over to the bed and sits next to him as he slept.

You're going to be an amazing father I hope you know that Carly whispered as she stroked Freddie's hair.

Later on that night Carly went to bed and Freddie woke up in the middle of the night. He looked at the clock and noticed it was 1500 hours which translates to 3:00 AM. Freddie went to the bathroom and washed his face. Freddie was still upset by Sam's text message even though it was just her congratulating him and Carly. He thought the sleeping off his anxious thoughts would calm them down but it only made them worse.

Come on Freddie it was just a text he says to himself.

Meanwhile, Carly woken up to hearing Freddie talking to himself. So she takes off her CPAP machine and walks to the bathroom.

Freddie is everything okay she asked as she sees Freddie trying to hold back tears.

It was just a text Freddie cried.

Oh, sweetie that text clearly bothered you Carly said softly as she grabbed Freddie's face to calm him down.

Freddie gets more upset with himself that he starts pulling his hair.

Carly grabs his hand to stop the behavior.

This weekend was supposed to be a good weekend and Sam ruined it Freddie yelled!

Hey, we can still have a good last day Carly reminded him.

Why did she have to send that text though Freddie cried.

I don't know exactly what she sent you but I'm sorry she texted you baby. Carly said as she kissed his forehead.