11 - Vampire

But a wide smile spread across my face

His lashes lowered in response.

"Man," I said then, sitting up straighter and laughing, "seriously. I didn't think you'd notice. Why are you so observant?"

William just gave me a smile in return. "I just am. Now... do tell me... why are you really here?"

"I was born here," I said then, smiling.

"You recently joined the firm," Will stated, tipping his head to the side. "Like... two months ago. You've been weirdly nice to me which ran alarm bells immediately. No one's nice to a cold-blooded serious man unless they want something."

I just giggled a little. "Seriously... I do like you, though."

"Is that why you're stalking me?" he said then.

I gazed up. "You've been stalking me, too."

"Because you made me suspicious," he said then, lashes lowering. "I had to look up to see if you were dangerous or not."

I just set my head against the table, sighing. "You fooled me, too. You're an expert actor. I really thought you were a serious, cold-hearted monster that was so kind to his girlfriend. I thought you became closed off after we separated after high school. I would still believe that, but..." I gazed over, eyes darkening, "your sadistic smile clearly states otherwise."

He watched me curiously.

"If you never liked me, why did you ask to be my boyfriend?" I said then.

"Wasn't that apart of your plan?" he said to me. "I was playing along."

"Aww, shucks, so none of that was real?" My lashes lowered. "Damn."

"I never said that," he stated, still watching me. "Now... please... explain yourself? I have some errands to run and frankly... this is taking up lots of my time."

I sighed and sat up straighter. "Fine."

He watched me.

"I am from here, I was honest about that," I told him. "But I moved away to London for a year or two. I found that you were here, so I came back! I was trying to be nice so you'd notice me."

"Why, me?" he said then.

I then stared at him, smile darkening. "Now it's time for me to tell you to cut the act."

He watched me for a moment. "Ah... so you know."

"You were my childhood friend, Will," I said then, "of course, I know."

"And what is that? What do you know?"

I just gazed over at his fridge. "Thirteen jars of blood in the fridge, five of them have-drunken. Six blood popsicles, five cans of blood in your pantry. Sixteen empty jars in the sink. You really ought to hide things better." I then looked back over at him. "Vampire."