O N E

▶︎•၊၊|||||||။၊|•✩♬ now playing: will i ever see you again | RED VELVET

🗝️ soo-jin's pov:

it was a gloomy monday morning when my alarm clock tore me out of my sleep. irritated, i tried to hide my head under my pillow to avoid the annoying noise that was ringing in my ears. the loud sound was hardly to be ignored so i reached for my little pillow, which lay between my legs and tried to hit my alarm clock with my eyes still closed. after my throw it suddenly became quiet.

accurate as always!

if there was one thing in which my self-confidence was not lacking, it was my shot precision. no obstacle was too far away or unreachable which made me one of the best in my field.

i reached for my cell phone, which was on my dresser.

7:00 a.m.

with a last look at my mobile phone i sat up in my bed sighing. i slowly started getting out of bed. to avoid the cold marble floor i put on my black slippers and opened the roller shutters of my room in the hopes that the noise of the automatic shutters did not wake up my little brother too early.

i left my room as quietly as possible and made my way to the bathroom. when I arrived, i stole a glance in the mirror. my clear skin was a little reddened and the eye circles under my eyes were hard to be overlooked. lately i rarely had any sleep due to my job and it slowly became noticeable. i turned the faucet to the cold level and let some cold water splash on my face. after that I reached for my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth.

when I was finished, i started rinsing my mouth and dried it. one last look in the mirror before i put all the stuff away in the cupboard with a sigh. after my little hygiene routine, i ran into the living room only to get jumped on from the side. with an evil expression i looked at the floor and was greeted with 2 black pairs of eyes.

as my 2 dobermans looked back at me with a puppy look i couldn't stay angry for long. i sat down on the carpet with my legs open and opened my arms to cuddle with them. the two didn't waste any second and ran directly into my arms. i was greeted with two happily wagging tails and tongues that licked everything they could even touch with joy.

after the unplanned cuddly units, i went back to my plan to make breakfast. first I prepared the dog bowls before I dropped them on the terrace floor and opened the door so that nemo and flynn could have their usual rounds in the large garden. then i went ahead to continue preparing the breakfast for my little brother. i knew that he was looking forward to the school day, as they would visit the museum together with his class today. with a smile on my face, i conjured up the most delicious pancakes i could offer him and just knew that the little one would not waste any second to dig right in. after all, it was his favorite food. that was one of the few things i was taught by my mom, preparing the best pancakes in the world! completely caught up with my thoughts, i forgot what i was doing and a burning smell began spreading.

"fuck" i cursed before i turned the pancake around to have a look.

yep, completely burned. well done soo-jin! you outdid yourself once again.

annoyed, i blew a strand out of my face and threw the burnt pancake into the trash. it didn't take long after for me to finish making breakfast. i filled the last glass with orange juice, which i pressed myself and wanted to make my way to wake up the said person, when a little tired figure slowly came into the kitchen. still dressed in his pajamas, he rubbed his tired eyes and put his glasses on his face.

"good morning noona" junghoon mumbled before he took a seat on his chair in the kitchen. still sleepy he looked out of the window to watch the dogs roming around. i started to smile because of his cuteness and put the finished decorated plate with the pancakes in front of him. immediately the little one began to thank me and stuff everything into his mouth.