•Chapter 1: A Little Lie•

It was early on a summer Saturday morning and Molly Chapman was currently walking down the street to her best friend's house.

She bites her lip as she walks.

"The worst he can say is no, right?" She thinks.

Then, another thought.

"Or he'll just stop being my friend entirely-ugh Molly, you've really done it now-" She grumbles, stuffing her hands into her jean shorts.

Molly was currently 18 years old and one of the biggest growing influences on Instagram. Not only was she very pretty with her bleach blonde hair and green eyes, but she was also bubbly and silly. She always seemed to be smiling and she always brightened every room she stepped into. Plus, the girl LOVED going out and doing things. Though right now all she really wanted to do was hide in her bed.

It was just one little lie. Really. It should've been a big deal...but that's the thing about the internet. It's unpredictable.

Molly was live streaming. Like she does once every week on Instagram. But this time- she let something slip.

You see, Molly doesn't really like sharing things about her personal life. Never has. Though when she was doing a livestream playing animal crossing and letting the villagers pick her makeup look- a donation popped up:

"Do you have a boyfriend?" It read.

Molly scoffed. Of course she didn't. She's never found someone she's liked like that. Sure, she's had crushes here and there, but never a boyfriend. But her mind worked faster than her mouth and her perfect reputation couldn't fumble so instead of saying the truth- she said...

"Duh, of course I do!" She giggles.

And that was that. Her chat went crazy and # MollyChapmanBoyfriend was trending within the hour. The problem at hand...she doesn't actually HAVE a boyfriend. Never has.

Her phone wouldn't stop buzzing all night with DMs from her close friends being like "OMG WHEN?!" Or "DO WE KNOW HIM?!"
Or "🤭🤞😘." And Molly didn't have the heart or time to tell every single one of them that she didn't actually have the dream hunk of a man that everyone thought she did.

But the problem lies within what her fans would think if she told the truth the next day. That she doesn't actually have a boyfriend. Would they think she's a compulsive liar? Would they unfollow? Molly just couldn't lose her life over something so stupid. But then another issue arises that makes the whole thing even worse-

Within about 20 seconds of her trying to go to sleep, she got a direct message on Instagram from Morphe themselves. Yeah, like the make up brand that makes millions. They must of seen her whole "explode the internet with your fake boyfriend drama" because they were messaging her on accounts of her growing popularity. And what's more: they even asked her if she'd like to partner with them....in return for content with her boyfriend to keep up her status.

Oh how Molly loves and hates her loud mouth. So, what next?

'Where to find a boyfriend within 24 hours to meet your fans demands and your new possible brand deal and your standards?' Yeah- even Google isn't getting her out of this one.

Then a thought popped in her head. Does she know any guys she could...fake date? At least until the fans are happy and she can politely back off and say they broke up...?

OF COURSE! Her best friend happens to be a guy! And a pretty attractive one at that! Okay, platonically-Whatever.

So, this leads to now. Molly Chapman throwing on clothes in the morning, brushing her hair and teeth before rushing out the door to see her best friend. To ask him to be her fake boyfriend for a week. Because after a week, the fans would have died down anyway and hopefully by then...she'll be officially partnered with Morphe. One can hope.