CHAPTER-2

LUKE HAYES

"What?", I was zoning out for the zillionth time this afternoon.

"I said where the fuck is your phone, Luke?", Bailey repeated once more, clearly annoyed by my weird lack of conversational skills today, "Did something happen?You have been zoning out for the past one hour.Come on, Luke.You are finally going to the same university as me.We planned so many things didn't we??Luke..LUKE!"

I turned my head away from the main door back to my best friend of 15 years.She was sprawled over a velvet emerald green sofa across from where I was sitting with her legs over a polished mahogany coffee table elegantly placed between us.

I'm sure that the table costs a couple of millions..She definitely feels at home doesn't she..

"What were you saying, again?", I awkwardly laughed.My mind has been wandering all over the place since this afternoon, when I woke up to find out there was absolutely no one waiting for me with my luggage by my door.

Did Xan lose my address?Or is he just not interested in taking care of me anymore..

"You know what?I give up", Bailey sighed and stood up abruptly, "I'm just going to go back out and find out which villa my baby Maxie is living in"

"Your baby what?", I cringed and looked at her with all the judgement I could muster up in my eyes.

"Maximilian Sinklair", she sighed dramatically and sat back down on the sofa with the backside of her palm against her forehead like she's in some theatre play, "I told you already didn't I?The heart throb of our university.A man of billion charms, the man of my dreams, the man..."

Yea, tuning her out is definitely not a bad idea..

I let her yap to herself for a while as I examined the living room once more, the living room exuded opulence, a showcase of refined taste and wealth.The table's surface in front of us was gleaming with the reflection of the soft glow from a chandelier hanging above, a masterpiece of crystal and gold, casting a warm, inviting light across the room.

The walls were covered in silk wallpaper with an intricate damask pattern, and the floors were dark, lustrous hardwood, partially covered by an exquisite Persian rug, whose deep reds and blues added a touch of color and sophistication. Along one wall, a marble fireplace stood as the room's centerpiece, its mantel adorned with bronze candlesticks and a few pieces of fine art, including a large, ornate mirror made the space feel even grander.

Opposite the fireplace, tall windows draped in heavy velvet curtains framed a breathtaking view of the Orion river, allowing natural light to spill into the room during the day. A grand piano sar in one corner, its glossy black surface untouched but perfectly in tune, ready to fill the space with music. Every detail, from the gilded frames of the landscape paintings to the antique clock ticking softly on a side table, speaks of luxury and timeless elegance, creating an atmosphere of understated, but undeniable, extravagance.

This might be my mum's place but it's stank of my father's taste..I prefer something less flashy.

"Annd he's not listening", I hear Bailey let out some animaslitic scream of frustration before she got up again and grabbed me by my neck in a headlock strangling me to death.

"Let..me..Go", I struggled under her death grip.

"I...won't", she mocked and choked me harder, "I have enough men ignoring me and now you want to join that list too huh?"

"This is why they are ignoring you", I managed to let out when I finally found the gap to get out of her grip.I scrambled away from her to the other side of the over-sized sofa and rubbed my neck worriedly and glared at her, "I'm my father's only son".