Chapter Seventeen

Sye POV

She was crying. I bit her. Marked her even. She was not fucking ready yet. I was in a haste.

"I am sorry Sye."

Liam confessed in my brain.

"Stay out of my mind now, Liam. Now is not the time to turn everything in our favour. She is fucking vulnerable. Why would you not get it??"

Liam was furious, angry even at me. I knew why and yet I let him out in my mind like a free willed soul or spirit.

"You are asking me why? Seriously? You are the one who disconnected with me. You are the one who still is waiting for an out. And need I remind you," he roared with anger and disappointment and continued without giving me time to block him out.

"You are the one with the demons of the past. I never wanted to hide or lie. You were the one to act human. You were not human and you did it all for her. We fucking lost her because of your stupidity and do not dare blame this on me ever again."

Liam confessed it all and it felt like a wrecking ball to my gut that I ended up tightening Mia in embrace for a solace when she was the one crying and wailing like a child in my arms.

This was the moment when we were both alone, lost in the middle of nowhere with respect to the time and space.

I had no past to give her and my present was ruined.

She had no idea what was I and how we were here.

A tear burned my flesh when I hugged her back with a pain that had been cemented centuries ago but still fresh under the ruse I put up.

But that was the moment I decided to keep it low, and quiet. She was not ready and my love and longing for her were the reasons to break all hell loose.

She cried more and sniffed at my t-shirt. This felt too personal and intimate, a bond that was lost in the dust of time that never passed at the same speed after I had lost her forever.

Maybe, we were living in the aftermath of a forever now. This was a new hell for us. Maybe the gods wanted to torture me again for the mistakes that I have not yet paid penance for.

My mind was running blank like a slate washed up at the beach shore with the dirt of an howling past and messy marks of my meaningless life up until today.

She pushed me back and rubbed her neck before observing me breathe heavy with those cute but puffy eyes. I leaned in and kissed her eyes and neck once more, only to realize I triggered something dangerous.

I quickly mind-linked my guards and Vii to walk out of the property and mind-linked Ronny to get off the property immediately because in no time her heat will begin and that was a new hell that I had to witness because of my impatience to claim her again.

"What? What are you thinking?"

She asked and I was out of energy to read her mind which I was growing accustomed to in the last 40 hours.

"I bit you, Mia."

Regret laced my tone and my tongue felt tied to the top unable to process my confession next.

"So? Isn't that a hi — "

She stopped in between as a sharp pain rosed in her neck and she tapped the same place with a loud groan.

Fuck. No. Not here.

I picked her up in hurriedly in a bridal style and paced like a wounded wolf to my master bedroom on the 5th floor.

She was writhing painfully in my arm and I was growing intense by the heat covering me, burning a desire to rock her bed and make love to her as the only way to ease her agony.