Chapter 16: The Arrival of Kunikuzushi, Ei, and Yae Miko

Just as Barbatos exhaled a calming breath, a firm knock echoed through the hall, signaling the arrival of their long-awaited guests—Kunikuzushi, Ei, and Yae Miko. For a brief moment, the house fell into complete silence as everyone paused, then, like a wave, the family sprang into motion, rushing eagerly to the front door.

Barbatos, heart racing yet carrying a warm smile, opened the door. "Kunikuzushi! Ei! Miko! Welcome to our home!" he greeted, stepping aside to let them in.

Standing in the doorway, Kunikuzushi wore an expression that mixed curiosity with a touch of nervous hope. Despite his 500 years and eternally youthful appearance, his demeanor carried the innocence and wonder of a child. "Thank you, Aunt Barbatos," he replied, stepping in with a slight hesitation. "It's good to be here."

Kazuha cooed affectionately at his boyfriend, whose cheeks had flushed bright red with embarrassment.

Gracefully following behind, Ei, the Electro Archon, and her wife Yae Miko entered the home, their gazes soft with appreciation for the welcoming atmosphere. "It's lovely to see you all," Ei said, offering a warm, regal smile.

Xiao stepped forward; his expression gentle as he greeted them. "Welcome, cousin. Aunt Ei, Aunt Miko, we're glad you could make it."

Venti and Zhongli exchanged proud smiles, clearly pleased with their eldest son's polite manners.

As Kunikuzushi fully entered, Morax approached him with a welcoming nod. "Kunikuzushi, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. I hope you find our home comfortable."

The children gathered around; their eyes alight with curiosity. Harmonia stepped forward, her serene presence instantly putting Kunikuzushi at ease. "We're excited to have you here," she said softly. "Please, make yourself at home."

Aerden, ever balanced and composed, smiled warmly. "If you need anything or want to explore, just let us know. We're here to help."

Unable to contain her enthusiasm, Lyra burst out, "I can show you around! There's so much to see and do here!"

Navarre, the little explorer, chimed in eagerly. "I've got some amazing maps and stories from my travels! We can share adventures together!"

As Kunikuzushi looked around, his initial apprehension melted away, replaced by a sense of belonging. Surrounded by the warmth and acceptance of his new family, his childlike wonder began to shine through.

Barbatos, rubbing his slightly rounded belly, took a deep breath and smiled contentedly at the sight of his family coming together. "Now that we're all here, let's enjoy this evening together."

As the children dispersed to play, Barbatos and Yae Miko found a cozy corner where they quickly became engrossed in gossip. Their laughter and animated conversation filled the room, the energy light and joyful. "Did you hear about the latest mishap in Mondstadt?" Miko asked, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

Barbatos leaned in eagerly. "Oh, do tell!"

Meanwhile, Morax and Ei settled into the tranquil tea room, its peaceful ambiance ideal for their reunion. They sipped tea and shared stories of the past, reflecting on the current state of their regions.

"Time flies, doesn't it?" Ei mused as she took a delicate sip of her tea.

Morax nodded, a faint smile tugging at his lips. "It does indeed. But moments like these remind us of the importance of family."

"BOO! You boring old people!" Venti teased, giggling as his husband shot him a playful glare.

The evening unfolded with laughter, stories, and the warmth of family bonds. Despite the earlier chaos, everything had come together perfectly. Kunikuzushi had found his place among them, and the ties between them all would only grow stronger as time passed.