love on a Shipwreck (Part 3/?): Gift

Four months later

Noah

I turn over in bed, my eyes slowly opening and yawning before my sight resolves on my clock.

"Oh shhhhh.... oot!" I cry, flying out of bed as my feet abruptly slam onto the floor.

"Shoot shoot shoot!" I yell, stumbling over to my cupboard and flinging the door open.

"SHOOT!"

Calmly, my door opens.

"You okay?" Mum laughs, walking into my room.

"No Mum, I am actually fabulously unokay! I have one hour until my date with Leo, I've just woken up and I have nothing to wear!" I fling my arms in the air, practically screaming with frustration.

Mum laughs.

"Okay, honey, just take deep breaths and calm down, there must be something you can wear, god knows how many clothes you've got." She walks over to my cupboard, shaking her head and chuckling.

"I have nothing sexy!" I groan, burying my head in my hands.

"Sexy?" she snorts.

"Yes." I groan again.

She laughs.

"Hm, let's see..." She whispers to herself, examining my clothes. "Aha! What about this, sweetie?" she holds out a pair of loose, black, ripped jeans with a tight fitted pale grey t-shirt and a red and black chequered shirt. "Have the shirt open." she smiles.

I grin.

"Mum, I will say this once and once only: you are the best!" I throw my arms around her.

"Aw, you're welcome!" she laughs, hugging me back before I step back and take the outfit.

"Alright, I'll leave you to get changed now." She chuckles, leaving the room and closing the door.

After changing, I fish out a silver chain that I remember having, and when I find it, I put it on so that it rests comfortably against my collarbone.

Hair...

"Mum!" I shout.

"Yes?" she replies, and I hear her walking up the stairs.

"What the hell do I do with my hair?" I ask.

"Oh, I see, come to the bathroom." She chuckles.

I follow her, where she brushes my hair, before using a bit of spray whilst tying it in a low ponytail, so that it ends up with more volume in a really attractive way (this woman really knows what she's doing!).

"Thanks!" I grin.

"You're very welcome." She smiles.

"Why are you laughing at me?"

"Because you're so funny when you're trying to impress Leo!"

"Stopppppp!" I turn and walk out, trying to stifle a laugh.

"I can hear you laughing, Mister!"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm going now or I'll be late, bye!"

I check my hair in the mirror before I hear: "Hey, breakfast!" she catches up with me.

"I'm fine, I'll get something there, I have money." I smile.

"At least some toast? It'll be quick!"

I chuckle and lean my head down - is she short or am I just a giant? - to quickly kiss her forehead.

"Seriously, I'm alright Mum, I'm not hungry. I'll buy something if I want it."