Ch. 11: Craving

Author's Note

Special shout out to @latepiphanies ! Alizey's first craving is as per your request haha. Thank you for your encouragement and support thus far. I still remember when you first commented on TMAHS three years ago—it might have just been a comment to you, but to me, it meant a lot that you found my work noteworthy enough to leave a message. It really made me want to put more focus on my craft and connect with my readers. Thank you!

👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻👻

Alizey's P.O.V.

My eyes scrunched closed as the pain ricocheted through me, a hiss leaving my lips.

"Alizey, tum thik ho?!" Aunty kneeled next to me, placing her hand on my back.
(Alizey, are you okay?!)

"Alizey?! Alizey?!" Fawad's deep voice called for me roughly, his footsteps echoing through the house.

"Fawad, dekho woh girr gayi!" Rangila Aunty explained frantically as my husband came into sight, his brother in tow.
(Fawad, look she fell!)

Alhamdulillah, the baby was fine, but my knees and arm were not. While I fell, I had grabbed onto my tummy protectively and extended my arm to brace myself. I had landed harshly onto my knees, my arm bearing all my weight.

I sat back as Fawad kneeled in front of me, his face white with panic. "Jaan?!" he cradled my cheek with one hand, placing the other on my bump.

"Are you alright, Bhabi?!"

"I'm o-"

"Let's go to the doctor," Fawad tugged on me gently.

"Fawad, I'm-"

His arms slipped around my back and thighs, preparing to lift me up bridal style.

I placed a hand on his chest. "Fawad, I'm fine." I cupped his cheeks, my eyes boring into his, "The baby is fine. We're okay."

He searched my eyes, his lips parted with worry.

"I didn't see the step," I pointed. "But when I fell, I braced myself and fell on my knees. I didn't fall on my stomach. It didn't touch the ground or anything. I promise. I caught myself with one arm. My arm is hurting a bit-" Fawad immediately reached for my arm and rubbed it gently, "and my knees are probably bruised." He then brushed his hands on them with concern.

Aunty closed her eyes and thanked God, her shoulders slumping with relief. "I'm sorry, Alizey. I should've warned you-"

"Aunty, it's not your fault. It's not like I haven't been here before or haven't seen that step before. I just didn't notice, but I'm okay. I don't feel any pain in my stomach."

"Are you sure?" Fawad questioned. "We should go just to be sure-"

"I'm sure," I took his hand and gave it a squeeze.

Fawad cupped my cheeks and pressed a kiss to my forehead before helping me up. I bit my lower lip as the pain in my knees echoed through me again. My husband wrapped an arm around my waist and led me to the sofa.

"I'm sorry for worrying you all-"

"Don't apologize, Bhabi."

I smiled at Haadi while stretching my arm at my side subtly. Fawad took notice and massaged it with squeezes.

"Do you want ice, Alizey?"

"No, Aunty. The pain will go away on its own in a few minutes. Please go on ahead. We're coming."

She took notice that I wanted a moment with Fawad, so she led her son away towards the kitchen.

"My heart stopped when she called me like that, Alizey."