Love Burns - Chapter Two

Love burns

Copyright © 2011 All rights reserved

A joint project of crimsonnebula and xangelsmomx

Chapter Two

Picture on the side is Pandora (Model Cassia Lara)

Enjoy!

*******

Maximus’ Point of View

A girl was standing at the door, panting and out of breath. I guess she ran all the way here.

She fanned herself with her left hand while the other was placed on her hip as she continued to intake big gulps of air. "Oh man. My lungs. Burning. So fierce." she said in every other pant.

I raised my eyebrows. So this was the Pandora Donovan.

I was expecting a rebellious grunge looking teenager but I was wrong. She looked normal, a typical skinny jeans and t-shirt kind of girl.

Maybe I was stereotyping rebels these days. Yeah, I'd go along with that.

Pandora had raven black hair that reached past her shoulders. Her pale blue eyes held a twinkle, like she was up to no good. That playful smirk she displayed on her lips was an indication she was indeed a troublemaker, looking for something to pass the time.

I cleared my throat. Time to show her who’s boss. "You must be Pandora. I've heard about your tardiness issues."

She grinned, showing her pearly white teeth. "I bet you were informed. Lemme guess, daddy dearest?"

I nodded."Yes, your father informed me. I'll let it slide since it's my first day but the next time, if your late, you'll earn yourself a ticket to detention."

She frowned. "I've never had detention before. The teachers here would just shrug it off because I would do it again."

So the teachers here were being lenient. I couldn't have that."Well, I'm not like most teachers. Now take a seat," I said as nudged my head to the vacant desk.

With a sigh, Pandora trudged towards her desk and dropped heavily on her seat without saying another word.

"So as I was saying,” I started up again with introduction. “My name is Max Townsend and I'm your new AP English teacher. I only have one rule," I said as I eyed everyone in the class.

Pandora raised her hand and I gave her a nod. "No detention?" she let out a cheeky grin.

Why the that little..."No. It's pay attention, “I retorted with a playful glare.

I went on."I just graduated from Yale University. I'm originally from Connecticut but moved in here with my girlfriend because of my job."

"Darn. He's not single then." A girl with blond hair from the middle row muttered.

I just had to laugh. Teenagers could be so adorable when they were flustered. I never experienced that kind of feeling of wanting something you couldn't have because I always get what I want, even the unattainable ones. It was alien to me but maybe I might learn something to curb that curiosity.

"How old are you Mr. T?" a girl with red hair from front row asked.

"I'm 21 years old," I replied.

"Is your girlfriend hot?" a guy wearing a jumper with the school logo asked. I think he was what you call a jock.

I almost choked with his question. It was true Fern was hot but it seemed inappropriate to answer that type of question but what the hell. "Yes. She is." I replied simply.