Chapter 2

"I am your eldest daughter, then why are you doing this to me?" Maxine asked as she looked at her parents.

Then she looked at the man she was in love with, "Ethan James Harrison, today is our wedding, why are you doing this to me? You love me, then why?"

Ethan looked at her coldly, without any emotion, as if he was looking at a stranger. Suddenly, she heard a laugh. Maxine turned and looked at her younger sister Roxanne and Natalia.

Roxanne smiled as she walked towards Ethan and hugged him, "Brother Ethan, do you love her or me?"

On hearing Roxanne, Ethan smiled as he kissed her forehead, "Today is our wedding... what nonsense are you talking about?"

Looking at everyone, Maxine didn't know what to do. Roxanne glanced at Maxine victoriously and signaled the guard.

Feeling a pain in her arm, Maxine looked at the guard who was injecting her with something. She gave up struggling as she felt her eyes grow heavy, her head dizzy, and then everything went black.

When she opened her eyes, Maxine scanned her surroundings. She was all alone, tied to a chair in a dark, cold place.

Remembering the events, tears fell from her eyes. Why? Why did her family betray her? A family is supposed to love and protect each other… then why did they stab her in the back like that?

Maxine was the eldest young miss of the Morgan family. She was not only exceptionally beautiful but also had a very talented mind. From a very young age, Maxine was told to keep her beauty and her identity hidden.

As an obedient child, she listened to whatever her parents told her. She had two younger siblings, Roxanne, her younger sister, and Michael, her younger brother.

Her parents had bought her a different apartment to live in as she was told to stay away from the family. The public never knew about her as her parents only introduced Roxanne and Michael.

She loved and believed her parents, so she never asked them the reason why. Their love was enough for her. Being the eldest, she had many responsibilities and rules to follow, while her younger siblings were pampered and spoiled the most.

Maxine was very good at handling business, so she helped her dad behind the scenes to make Morgan Enterprises one of the top five companies in the business world. Since she was not interested in business, all the credit for her hard work was given to her younger brother, Michael.

She never felt wronged, as it was her own brother. The Morgan family and the Harrison family were old friends, so at one family dinner, Maxine accidentally met Ethan.

She fell in love with him at first sight, but she never acted upon it. She kept her distance from him while admiring him from afar. Ethan was handsome and a young man. He was the only heir of the Harrison family.

He possessed a certain charm around women, and it was inevitable that Maxine fell for him. Maxine was on cloud nine when she knew he also felt the same. They grew closer and began dating each other.

Maxine wanted to be an actress, as acting was her passion, but her parents rejected the idea, so she decided to be a fashion designer instead. She opened her own studio and became the famous, mysterious designer, MH.

Her younger sister also wanted to pursue acting, and her parents encouraged her. Maxine felt happy for her sister and never objected to her parents' wishes. Listening to her sister and Ethan, many times Maxine acted as her substitute.

Fame never mattered to Maxine; she was happy that even if she had to wear the face of Roxanne, she could at least act and fulfill her heart's wish. She made the 'Goddess Morgan' that Roxanne is known as today.

Similarly, for her best friend Natalia, she composed songs for her to sing. When Ethan proposed to her, Maxine was happy, thinking that when their wedding happened, the world would finally know about her.

She would no longer have to hide. She could be free and live with the love of her life with her identity. But who knew the people whom she loved and cared about the most, the people for whom she sacrificed and did everything, would be the ones to snatch everything from her?

Maxine laughed bitterly, remembering everything when she heard a voice. Raising her head, she saw a TV broadcasting a live wedding.

Maxine clenched her hands into tight fists as she glared at the couple on the TV, hearing the announcer say, "Today I am happy to be a part of one of the most awaited weddings of the year. That's right, folks, today our Goddess Morgan is going to get married to her childhood sweetheart, Young Master Ethan James Harrison..."

----
<33