14 | A couples' trip?

CK97 ❤️

---

Two weeks had passed since that night, and life had fallen back into its usual rhythm. Jungkook and I had met a few times, our relationship reverting to what it had always been—a physical connection without strings attached. Thankfully, he hadn’t brought up his confession again, and I was relieved that we could continue as we always had, without the added weight of unspoken emotions hanging between us.

This evening, I found myself seated at the dining table with my family—Mom, Dad, Jin, and Taehyung. The atmosphere was comfortable, filled with the clinking of utensils and the soft murmur of conversation. It was a rare moment of peace, and I savored it, knowing that such tranquility didn’t come often in our household.

As the meal progressed, Jin cleared his throat, drawing everyone’s attention. He had that look in his eyes, the one he always got when he had an idea he was excited about.

“You know,” Jin began, a playful smile tugging at his lips, “I was thinking it’s been a while since we all got out of the city. How about a trip to Jeju Island?”

Mom and Dad exchanged glances, but before they could respond, Jin held up a hand. “I’m not talking about a family trip this time,” he clarified. “Just the couples—Jungkook and Y/N, Taehyung and Jennie, and me and Jisoo. And how about...Jimin and Rose?”

Taehyung raised an eyebrow, leaning back in his chair. “A couple’s trip? That’s unexpected.”

Jin shrugged, still smiling. “Why not? We all deserve a break, and Jeju is beautiful this time of year. Plus, it’ll give us a chance to unwind and enjoy some time together without any distractions.”

Dad chuckled, nodding in agreement. “Sounds like a good idea. You kids could use a little vacation.”

Mom smiled softly, looking at Jin with pride. “It sounds lovely, Jin. I think it’s a wonderful idea.”

I glanced at Jin, then at Taehyung, who seemed to be considering the idea. A trip to Jeju Island did sound nice, but I couldn’t help the flicker of anxiety that rose in my chest. Spending several days in close quarters with Jungkook, especially after everything that had happened, might be more complicated than I was ready for.

“Jeju, huh?” Taehyung mused, finally breaking the silence. “Jennie’s been wanting to go there for a while now. I think she’ll be on board.”

Jin’s smile widened, and he turned his attention to me. “What do you think, Y/N? Up for a little getaway?”

I hesitated for a moment, feeling all eyes on me. The idea of a trip was appealing, but the thought of navigating my complicated relationship with Jungkook in such close proximity was daunting. Still, I didn’t want to be the one to put a damper on the plan, especially when everyone seemed so excited.

“Sure,” I finally said, forcing a smile. “A trip to Jeju sounds great.”

Jin’s grin was infectious, and I couldn’t help but feel a little more at ease. “Perfect! I’ll start making the arrangements. We’ll leave next weekend.”

As the conversation shifted back to lighter topics, I tried to push aside my concerns. A trip could be exactly what I needed—a chance to clear my head, enjoy some time with friends, and maybe even figure out where I stood with Jungkook.