chapter 3

Y/n woke up after the fall in an unfamiliar place it was s dark castle surrounded by a dark void, he stood up and walked up to the castle doors but they opened by themselves.

Y/n " God I wish I still had my powers. "

Y/n walked into the castle and the doors closed behind him then the lights turned on blinding Y/n, then when it died down he looked forward to see a gathering of Umbran witches and Lumen sages.

Y/n " So this is where you guys went. [ they didn't look at Y/n ] Hello? "

They still didn't answer so Y/n walked up to them but past straight through them like a ghost, Y/n thought he was dead then heard a baby giggling he looked down to see one Umbran witch and one Lumen sage playing with a baby.

Y/n " That looks like me. "

Then everything went black and Y/n started falling into something, he slammed into the floor of the alleyway he was found in he saw the same Umbran witch and Lumen sage talking in the alleyway.

Umbran witch " Listen we both know that we can't have a child together cause of the proficiency. "

Lumen sage " Then what should we do? "

Then they all heard a baby crying and followed it to a baby Y/n in a box.

Umbran witch " Who would do such a thing? "

Lumen sage " I don't know but he can't see us we're in Purgatorio. "

Both the Umbran witch and Lumen sage walked in front of the baby and it stopped crying confusing the two, the baby then tried reaching out to the Umbran witch and Lumen sage.

Umbran witch " How can he see us? "

Lumen sage " I don't know no ordinary human can see into Purgatorio. "

The Umbran witch then picked Y/n up.

Umbran witch " I think we should adopt him. "

Lumen sage " Wait, babe. "

Umbran witch " He was abandoned here he has no one we should take him in. "

Lumen sage " You have a point but what is his name? "

They both looked at the blanket wrapped around the baby saying Y/n.

Y/n " They took me in but how did it come to me selling my soul? "

Then Y/n was swallowed by the void and when he could see again he saw himself at his age when he sold his soul, the young Y/n was eating sweets the same sweets he eats now.

Young Y/n " I want to be a sage but I'm only human. "

??? " I can help. "

The younger Y/n looked around then saw the hand of the destroyer crawling towards him.

Destroyer " I can give you power, power greater than any sage but I need your help to hide I'm being hunted down. "

Young Y/n " And how do I know you're telling the truth? "

Destroyer " Please I'm begging you I just need your soul. "

Young Y/n " OK deal. "

Then the Destroyer climbed onto Young Y/n's shoulder and fused with Young Y/n, young Y/n's soul was taken away then Young Y/n dropped something, Y/n looked to see it was the bracelet Rodin gave him earlier Y/n picked it up and realised what it was. It was a protection spell bound to the bracelet combining the powers of an Umbran witch and Lumen sage, it was meant for him by his adoptive parents then when Y/n put it back in the spell kicked in and allowed Y/n to use Destroyer's power for his own restoring parts of his memories.