Enrollment

Years had passed in Zulvi Kingdom, the fierce battle that happened last 5 years called the Blob of the Void became the cause of strengthening the inside and outside of the barriers. Towns have prospered and guilds are more active on sending subjugation squad to different residue of the void lair. A special unit has been tasked to track down the two remaining slavers who attacks the kingdom. Meanwhile, the kingdom's largest academy specializing in maia abilities is once again open for enrollment.

"Look at you, you're so handsome and you are as tall as your father." Teresa, mother of Azravael praising her son as she helps him prepare for enrolling in Zulvian Maia Academy. "Mother, quick question why am I more handsome than father? Is he not my real father?" Azravael jokes suddenly, Teresa got surprised but Damiel replied with "Hey, hey, you're crossing the line son. You will be shocked like you've been hit by a lightning if you see my appearance at my prime." the three laughs it off and continue preparing, later on Damiel greets Croft who is waiting outside their house with a Yor powered vehicle. "Monsieur, I am here now to serve your prince." Croft jokingly greeted back to Damiel with Azravael. "At first I felt embarrassment but thinking about the efforts of my parents and uncle Croft makes me more proud of it." Azravael commented.

"You should be, son of former Ember mage and former Kingdom's sword." Croft boasted. "What do you mean Kingdom's sword? I'm just a humble knight with handsome might." Damiel cited. Then, Azravael rode the vehicle driven by his Uncle Croft. Teresa and Damiel waves as the vehicle moving away, going to the academy. Portals from town to Academy was busy and so other people use vehicles or familiars for transportation. "Thoreau, son be a gentleman and study your lessons." Thoreau's father's message to his son as he brought him to academy. Same scenes to all parents sending their beloved children to the gate of academy. In Zulvian Maia Academy, enrollment will be held in front of the campus. The event will be broadcasted through saitel vision sphere where people can spectate the process of enrollment. The requirements to pass the test is simple. Use any means of using maia to complete the examination. Last year, the event is different as it is more focused on combat but this current year is now diversed in three categories. Combat, support and summoning.

Enrollees will pick on the spot wether defeating a dummy golem, heal an injured creature or summon a certain familiar. "Its like a festival out there, thanks to this event our economy are growing in a positive way." said by an academy personnel. "Yes, I am more excited to a new batch of students who will surprise me." replied by an old yet elegant man wearing a red and black robe with golden laces.

"Good day, Zulvians. We are now starting the enrollment. This is pure maia based examination so get ready and prepare yourselves! We will do a town by town system. We will pick each students for specific categories. Ahmmmm.... yeah. That's it. Novartis students line up now, Novartis town is popular on their fireworks manufacturing so let's see if its true most of you are Crimson maia users." announced by the so called Mr. Extravagant who is hired to organize an enrollment event and also a former professor in the said academy.

Enrollees ages 17 to 25 are lined up according to their queueing numbers. The examination began and going smoothly then some notable enrollees caught most of the attention, one of them is enrollee named Espectra who uses a unique method to control her maia, she uses tiny amount but with explosive output at the end. "Hmm.. Silka Meteora, truly a novartis citizen. She excels on minimizing her maia then making a burst at the tip of her spell." commentated by one of the spectators in a public bar. The golem exploded to pieces as Espectra casted her spell. Other notable enrollees have been praised by their multi-tasking abilities such as one named Corpuz chose to summon a familiar especializes in healing manage to finish two categories. But not all enrollees are lucky or has capable on finishing the exam. 46 out of 51 enrollees have passed but the positive side of not getting enrolled in the academy will be transferred on industrial and martial department, making them choose wether being a knight of the Patriots or a worker in the kingdom's industry.

"Next town will be Flaigmer! The town that prospers through hardship and efforts! Also this town is famous for their clothes manufacturing and uhh... anyway let's start!" Mr. Extravagant almost said a cringy punchline but behaves himself then once again the enrollees are lined up and took turns. The Flaigmer town are also known for less maia users therefore most of the enrollees have gone to become knights or laborers but 3 out of 49 enrollees have passed the examination.

And so on, Hasnaia Town is up next. Enrollees are now lined up to start picking categories. "Oh my cute babies, they're now teens and I can't wait to be transferred to that academy. " Ms. Thyne is busy watching the enrollment while in front of her is her students waiting for her to teach a lesson.

Back to the academy, the early bird Henrietta swifty finish the exam with her accurate sniping attack then gone next to the entrance without looking back. Her old classmates saw her and got amused. "She really is a fan of you." Pietr said to Henry while drinking alcohol in their guild bar. Next to Henrietta is Viola who summons tiny creatures jumping towards the injured creature and healing it then Thoreau who uses Lumina to capture the golem then tried to summon a familiar but he failed, examiner told him that capturing the dummy golem is enough for him to pass the test which were Thoreau got delighted.

After those three is May who chose to heal, Gistrietch who once again uses her stealthiness and defeats the golem then Lauro who shocks everyone as he didn't use Crimson to defeat the dummy golem but instead used Yor and Skye to summon a familiar specializing on healing. Next up is Azravael, "Damiel! Quick! It's our son's turn!" Teresa called her husband urgently as they watch in the saitel vision sphere.

Azravael wants to test something and this is the right opportunity, he initiated a spell pointing to the dummy. He uses Yor just like the others for additional agility, run towards the dummy and creates a smokescreen using the sand by firing a pebble with Crimson maia. At this point, the spectators are surprised as well on how Azravael show some creative stunts but the scattered dust in the air makes it difficult to watch what is happening. For some reason, Azravael enjoyed what he is doing. To play with the prey , as the dust scatters more because of his movement he casted his own spell that he learned when he is 16yo. [ONE SECOND] a time related spell where he uses void maia to stretch a one second to one hour making the impossible. He attacks the golem multiple times and as he finishes he appears as the dust dissipates making Mr. Extravagant shouts in shock "Aaaaahhhh!!!! what happened to the golem? Where is it?" the dummy golem in question became a powder made from rocks that descends with the dust downwards and at that time Azravael is somewhat catching his own breath as if he runs 2km long. "Okay that's enough young lad, huh? But wait! There's more!!!" Azravael put his left hand on the injured creature to heal it and made his right hand summon a red small wisp.

Many in the kingdom are celebrating and some are surprised as they witness a rare scene where finishing all 3 categories.

"Seems I found my target."
-unknown spectator

○●●●●

To be continued...