( JAMIE ) chapter 2 Fall Out

After a hard-fought match, where I managed to come out on top, Alex and I headed to our favorite spot under the old oak tree in the park. We usually come here to unwind, but today felt different.

I couldn’t resist teasing Alex about the game. “Wow, Alex, I didn’t know I was up against a rookie today,” I said with a grin, trying to lighten the mood.

Alex’s face tightened. “Yeah, well, maybe if you weren’t so focused on showing off, you’d play a fair game.”

I hadn’t intended to hurt Alex, but my words seemed to sting more than I’d expected. “I was just joking. I didn’t think it would upset you.”

Alex’s frustration was evident. “It’s not just about the game. It feels like you’re always putting me down. I’m tired of it.”

The playful teasing quickly turned into a serious argument. Alex felt like I was constantly belittling them, and I felt like they were overreacting and not understanding my intentions. We both ended up saying things that we didn’t mean.

As our argument went on, I realized that we were both struggling to express how we really felt. We were caught in a loop of misunderstanding and frustration.

Eventually, the harsh words gave way to apologies. I admitted that my teasing had been thoughtless, and Alex acknowledged that they had overreacted. We both knew that our friendship was more important than the argument.

As the sun began to set, we hugged each other tightly. The hug was our way of saying sorry and reaffirming that we cared about each other. The tension melted away as we sat side by side under the oak tree, letting the peaceful surroundings soothe us.

In the quiet, I felt a renewed sense of closeness with Alex. We both knew that even though we had our disagreements, our friendship was strong enough to weather them.

  anyways he is my bestfriend💌