Chp: 28

Just woke up and got downstairs as my cousin is coming over with her daughter to our house The afternoon sun filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow in the living room

The afternoon sun filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow in the living room. I was arranging some flowers in a vase when I heard the doorbell ring. Shayad Meera aa gayi hogi. I thought, wiping my hands on my apron. My cousin, Meera, was coming over with her daughter, Kira, for a small family gathering. It had been a while since we all got together like this, and I was looking forward to it.

As I opened the door, there she was—Meera, with Kira holding onto her hand.
"Tara! Kitni sundar lag rahi ho!" she exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Arey, You also look stunning as always!" I replied, smiling as I bent down to give Kira a little kiss on the cheek.

"Aur meri pyaari Kira, how are you? Kira giggled, hiding behind her mother.

"Main thik hoon, Tara Masi" she said shyly.

Meera and I walked into the living room, where my mother was busy setting the table with snacks and tea.

"Meera beta, aao aao, it's so good to see you!" Mumma greeted her with a warm smile, embracing her like a daughter.

"Masi, she's Kira my daughter" she introduced, pointing to the little one clinging to Meera she's just four years old.

"My Kira has grown up so much!" Mumma said, crouching down to Kira's level.

"Aur tumhare liye kuch special banaya hai, tumhare favourite brownie." Kira 's eyes lit up, and she instantly forgot her shyness.

"Thank you, Masi !" she said with a big smile.

Papa and Rudra entered the room just as we were all settling down.

"Arre, Meera! Tumhari toh yaad hi aa gayi thi!" Papa exclaimed, giving her a quick pat on the back.

"Bas, masa, I missed you all, so I thought I'd visit you'll" Meera responded, taking a seat next to Mumma.

Rudra, always the playful one, picked up Kira and twirled her around, making her giggle uncontrollably.

"And, little Kira, how are you?" he asked, still spinning her.

"Rudra Mamu, I'm getteing dizzee!" she managed to say that in her cute little voice between her laughter, and we all burst out laughing as Rudra finally put her down.

But then the doorbell rang and our house help aunty went to open the door and all of our gazes were on the door. Reyansh walked in, carrying a bouquet of flowers. His presence immediately made my heart skip a beat.

"Meera, it's so good to see you," he said warmly, handing her the flowers.

"Reyansh, you always find a new way to impress!" Meera teased, accepting the flowers.

"Kira's masi ko kissie kardo." I knelt down to kira's level and said not looking at Reyansh.

She smiled and gave me a big kiss on the cheek, her tiny hands cupping my face. Just as she did, I felt a warm presence behind me.