: ̗̀➛ CH6 - ROACHES

╔═════════════════°⌜#童磨⌟°═════════════════╗

╚════════════════════════════════════════╝

                                                  . . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ CHAPTER 6࿐ྂ

You gripped her wrist tightly, meeting her gaze as she refused to back down. You turned towards her, leaning in to intimidate her. "I don't want things to get ugly, do you understand?" Your words were sharp and angry, dripping with venom. She tilted her head and scoffed, but then a smile spread across her face.

Why does everyone here have to smile so freakily?

"I know about you. Are you sure you want to harm a human?" she taunted. It was her turn to lean in now, the tension between you palpable. The others in the room held their breath as they watched.

"With your occupation, if you ever came out alive, it would be quite troublesome, wouldn't it?" she retorted with a smirk. She knew just as much as you did, maybe even more.

"Exactly, if I make it out alive, until that happens. you bet your sweet ass I will do whatever I want." you replied defiantly.

You were ready to attack her, but she was faster. She landed a slap on your cheek and kicked you in the stomach before throwing you out into the hallway. The people around gasped in shock at the sight of you getting beaten up.

She slammed the door shut behind her, glancing Rina with a commanding stare. You used the wall for support as you got back up, smirking at her as she approached.

"It all makes sense now. You're not human, are you?" you spoke loudly for everyone to hear. "Just like him. I bet you enjoy feeding on innocent children." Her expression hardened at your accusation.

"The tender flesh and fresh blood, just like young cattle being slaughtered for food." She stepped closer, her eyes narrowing.

"You're underestimating me if you think I'll just let you wander around unchecked," she hissed, her voice dripping with venom. The tension in the air was almost tangible, as she locked eyes with you.

"What will you even do? I was trained to be ready to die at any given moment." You stood up, as you continued to talk. "Your little threats can't do shit to me even if you wanted to."

The crowd in the hallway was eerily quiet, watching the two of you intently. It was like witnessing a clash between two fierce predators, each determined to come out victorious.

Without warning, she yelled at everyone to leave, demanding privacy for what was about to unfold. As soon as the last person scurried away, she pounced on you with a ferocity that made your blood run cold. Her fist slammed into the wall next to your head, sending cracks spiderwebbing out from the impact point.