: ̗̀➛ CH5 - CANNIBAL

╔═════════════════°⌜#童磨⌟°═════════════════╗

╚════════════════════════════════════════╝

                                                           . . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ CHAPTER 5࿐ྂ

It had been two weeks since you first woke up and caused some chaus, yet surprisingly, people still approached you to talk. You assumed Douma had told them to do so, though you wouldn't have minded if they had simply left you alone. After all, you were struggling to find and escape from this place.

Wherever you went, at least one person would come up and try to strike up a conversation, only to be promptly shut down by your brief responses.

Currently, you sat in the dining hall, waiting for Douma to come in and give some sort of speech before you were allowed to eat. Who even thinks about something like that?

Asami had mentioned the various rituals they performed each morning, afternoon, and night, you didn't really pay attention to her talking about it though. You had missed the previous ones, because you had 'attempted' to stab their favorite demon of a leader - something you felt justified for the things he had pulled.

As you tried to distract yourself from dwelling on your previous encounters with Douma, you scanned the room. Asami was having a conversation with Hanako, as well as a man with long, silver hair. He could become Douma 2.0, which would be your worst nightmare. One of them is enough.

The trio, along with a few others, disappeared into the kitchen, only to come back carrying numerous plates of food, like restaurant staff.

The man with the silver hair approached your table. "Asami, Hanako and I will join you, if that's alright," he said, awaiting your response.

You shrugged noncommittally. "Yeah, whatever."

He nodded and went to assist the others in serving the rest of the diners. It was somewhat surprising how patiently these people tolerated your brief responses, all to appease Douma. But the fact that they are doing it for him is simply pitiful.

They would get killed sooner or later anyways, the only way you could even help them is by killing Douma, which you couldn't. It annoyed you that you couldn't do anything except pretend to not know what he is.

You sighed, you should slowly accept the fact that a lot of them will die before and after you leave. If you can, hopefully.

No, no. No negative thoughts, you've somehow gone through something similar before. Just wait for the perfect moment and be done with it.

You forced a smile on your lips as in to trick yourself into thinking you're okay. You will be okay; everything will be fine, and you will see everyone you love.