Ch. 1: The Good, the Bad, and the Undead

A policeman caught a vandal spray painting a white 'V' with two smaller 'V's on top on the wall of a closed building. "I'm arresting you for criminal damage. Although I think your bland use of color is a much greater crime." He said. 

"You really hate it that much?" The leather-clad vandal asked as he capped his paint. "I could do it in pink if that floats your boat. I prefer red myself but.. I'm fresh out. Maybe you can help me with that." He said and bared his fangs. Then four figures zoomed up behind him. 

"Stay back!" The policeman said and brought out his baton. 

"Watch out everyone, he's got a stake! Oh wait, panic over. It's got a rounded end." The boy said. He sped up to the cop and stared at him with glowing yellow eyes. "I'm arresting you on suspicion of being O-positive. You don't have to say anything, but it is much more fun if you scream." He said and held the policeman's baton. He extended his fangs and went for the cop's neck. Before he could, a fast object whizzed between them. He looked to where it stuck in the wall and found a stake. He looked over to see three slayers walking up. "Easy, you could've had my eye out." He said. "We know the new rules: no biting, no slaying." He added. Then he turned back to the policeman. "Remember nothing. Now, jog on." He hypnotized him and he walked off. The two groups began to fight and that's when two new people came up to stop the fighting. Vlad and Johno worked together to break the fight up. Vlad delivered a hard blow to the ground which sent a shockwave, knocking everyone down. 

"I thought we agreed to play together nicely." He said as he stood up. 

"Tell that to 'chopsticks' there! He dusted one of my gang!" The vandal, Malik, complained. 

"I don't care who started it. The Vampire High Council and the Slayer's Guild have agreed a ceasefire, respect it." Vlad said. "If you need food, you go to the blood bank at Garside." He told the vampires. 

"If you see biting you report it." Johno told the slayers. 

"Let's pretend this never happened." Vlad said.

Ingrid was outside of Garside where the blood bank was held when she saw somone approach on a motorbike. She had to admit he looked cool but she would obviously never say it. "I don't remember ordering pizza delivery." She said and Malik scoffed as he removed his helmet. Then three of his vampire friends showed up behind. He walked past Ingrid and inspected the bag she set on the ground. He chuckled and reached to grab one of the empty blood bags she was disposing of. 

"They're serving the losers ready meals." He said to his friends. "Next they'll be pulling out our fangs saying we don't need them anymore." Ingrid sped up to him and got in his face.

"What's your problem?" She asked. "Aside from the poser bike and the fake leather jim-jams." she added.

"It's real leather." He assured her.

"That explains the smell. I'd recommend a more breathable fabric." She quipped.

"Wanna go for a ride? Get some blood the old-school way." He offered.

"Breaking the ceasefire? You're more stupid than you look, which is going some." She replied.

"it's never gonna last. Vampires are hunters not house cats." He said and turned to the wall, bringing out his spray paint. Ingrid rolled her eyes.

"You really are a bad boy cliche. What's next? A dragon tattoo?" She said. He began drawing his tag and the Count walked up.

"I haven't seen that symbol since I left the old country." The Count said, startling Malik. "Do you know what it means?" The Count asked a clearly frightened Malik.