Ch. 12: Kiss of Death

Malik and Elizabeta enjoyed having full reign of the school, it was theirs now... almost. Malik sat atop the throne in victory while his mom played the organ that was rarely touched. "Feels good, doesn't it?" She asked him. "Allow me to be the first to bow before the new Count Dracula." She stood from her seat and the organ continued to play. She hovered over the floor, foregetting after so long what it felt like to walk, to be planted on the Earth.

"He's dead then?" Malik asked.

"The poison will keep him alive long enough to see his loved ones wiped out." She replied.

"A shame, really. I was starting to like having a brother and sister." He spoke honestly.

"Don't get sentimental. While Vlad lives he's still a threat to your bloodline." She reminded him.

"Fair enough. i suppose it's two less birthday cards to write anyway." He commented.

Vlad and Renfield carried the Count to his room. Then they heard a knock on the door. They reacted with apprehension and Vlad ran up to the door while the Count called out, "Who is it?" 

"Ingrid. Dad, are you okay? Can I come in?" She asked.

"Since when did Ingrid ever ask if you were okay?" Vlad pointed out in a whisper.

"Dad?" She called out again.

"Shapeshifter!" Renfield whisper-shouted.

"Run, run, it's your only chance." The Count insisted and scooted to hide under his coffin stand.

"What are you doing in there?" She asked, hearing the scuffling. Vlad ran and grabbed a small stake, waiting by the door.

"Enter!" The Count called out and she opened the door. she saw him cowering and raised an eyebrow.

"You idiot. You should've known the real McCauley would never kiss you. You're a disgusting, pale, skinny antique." Ingrid spoke. Vlad prepared to stake her from behind but her words were too on-brand.

"Yep, that's Ingrid." He spoke.

"Your track record of picking girlfriends is appalling." Ingrid commented while Vlad got the Count out from his hiding spot.

"what can I say? Love is blind." The Count responded.

"Oh that reminds me, after you hallucinate but before you explode, you go blind." Renfield added, speaking of the effects of the poison. "Forget I said that."

"Vlady, I need to see Ms McCauley one last time, bring her to me." The Count insisted.

"We need an antidote." Vlad looked to Renfield.

"It's Impossible." Renfield insisted but Vlad's look persisted. "One antidote coming right up." He said and rushed out.

"Bring Ms McCauley, the real one." Vlad instructed Ingrid. "Watch your back, be vigilent."

Ingrid was having Ms McCauley follow her but then she got side-tracked trying to pull apart a fight between a few students. While Ingrid waited, she felt a presence approach. She held up a small spray bottle of garlic juice. "Relax Ingrid, I have no reason to harm you. I only want to harm the people the count loves." Elizabeta said which struck a nerve for Ingrid. She lowered her spray. Elizabeta shapeshifted into her. "Think what you could do with this power. I'll teach you." she said and turned back.

"When do we begin?" Ingrid asked.

"After you've bitten that little blood blister of a teacher." Elizabeta replied.