Ch. 2: Revamped

Vlad and Bertrand had an idea to help the street vampires learn to go along with the ceasefire. They called it the Revamp.

"First phase of the revamp is to get control of your bloodlust." Vlad explained in the classroom that they were gonna use to hold the classes.

"You have to go cold fang, no blood for 24 hours." bertrand announced and no one was happy about it. They all made a break for the door but Johno stood outside pointing two shooters. 

"They're loaded with concentrated garlic juice." He revealed. Then the vampires made a break for the windows but they burned to touch.

"There's no way out of this room." Vlad announced.

"We've sprayed the windows with garlic juice." Bertrand explained.

"And the walls and the ceiling." Vlad added. "Control your bloodlust, it's the only way you're getting out of here." Then he and Bertrand walked out and shut the door. "Renfield, you tae the first shift. If anyone comes through tis door, you know what to do." 

Renfield was practicing his catchphrases when Ingrid approached. Her eyes were golden, a sign that she was about to hypnotize him. "You are very hungry. You have the irresistable urge to go to the kitchen and fix yourself a snack." She told him.

"I have the irresistable urge to fix myself a snack." Renfield repeated. Then he walked off and Ingrid opened the door to the classroom.

MsMcCauley had a run in with two of the street fangs but Vlad made it just in time to get them away from her before revealing the world of vampires to her. She thought they were students at the school late. They got all the vampires back into the room and shut the door again. "All present." Bertrand assured. Renfield was ready to retake his post but Vlad took over instead.

The next night the street fangs made it and now they were getting lessons from Bertrand. "Welcome to phase two. The next part of your trainng is learning to control your cravings." He announced. He had brought Renfield in to be the craving and watched as they all eyed him hungrily. "That's it. Control your urge to bite him." The students began getting up from their seats and stalking towards them.

"I'm really not feeling comfortable with this." Renfield spoke up.

"Hold still, you're  doing great." Bertrand assured him. "Now, I want you to imagine that Renfieldis a giant bulb of garlic." Bertrand told the class and they began to back away from him. They settled back in their seats. "Now, using this menthod you can control your cravings and live alongside Breathers." Then Ingrid entered the room. 

"Why don't you take a break? I'll take over." She offered.

"Thanks Ingrid." Bertrand accepted her offer and walked off.

It was Halloween at Garside and the students were excited for the dance going on that night. Unfortunately it meant disaster with a class full of vampires with Malik now leading them. They managed to escape the room and came up to a couple getting punch outside the great hall. "Feeling thirsty?" Malik asked to get their attention. "Me too, I'm parched. I would recommend the blood punch but there's a problem, no blood in it. So I'm afraid you're just gonna have to bite a Breather." He said and stalked towards them. "Well that's what we're about to do anyway." Vlad came just in time to get between them.

"I am so sorry about my friend here. He doesn't get out much, do you mate?" Vlad spoke, giving the couple time to walk back into the hall and away from the awkward conversation.

"We were only chatting. You told us to mingle." Malik tried to say. 

"You're not ready. We're only on phase two." Bertrand told him.

"If we were gonna bite someone we'd have done it already." Ryan spoke up.

"Let's get back to the room and continue your training." Vlad said and rounded them all up to go.