𝐈𝐈

June 14, 2024

Jazlyn's POV

************************************************************

I fucked up. I fucked up last night. I went to the party to forget about him and I ended up kissing him.

I wake up dazed and confused and a massive fucking headache. I sat up in the bed, looked and realized I wasn't in my bed. It took a minute for it to click in my head to realize that I was in De'Shawn's bed. "Fuck" I said, not remembering what happened last night, only me and De'Shawn kissing. I frantically pat around on the bed, trying to find my phone.

I unlock my phone to damn near 100 text messages and miscalls from Dymond. I have to call her back, but I know I can't right because I tell where I'm at right now, she's gonna curse me out. As I'm texting back Dymond, the door to De'Shawn's room open. I instantly look up at the door and see a shirtless De'Shawn.

"You finally up" he says, walking over to me. He leans down to give me a kiss. I put my hand on his chest, pushing him away. "You good?" he asks, looking at me confused. "What happened last night?" I asked ignoring his question. "Nothin. You said you ain't wanna do anything, so we didn't" he explained. "Okay" I said moving past him and getting up. "You think you can drop me home?" I asked putting on my shoes. "Yeah I got you lemme just get dressed" he replied.

I sat back on the bed as he got dressed. A good 15 minutes later, he was finished getting ready.

"Let's go" he grabs his keys off dresser. He opens the passenger side door for me and then heads over to the driver side. As we're about 5 minutes into the drive, he finally says something. "About last night, I meant everything I said. I wasn't bluffin" he says, glancing at me. I didn't say anything, keeping my focus on the nothingness outside the window. "What happened shouldn't have happened. I was wildin and should have never messed with shorty." he explains. "Yeah whatever" I say not wanting to have this convo right now. "I'm sorry Jazzy" he apologizes.

Jazzy. Hearing him use that nickname instantly made me sick. I hated that nickname, but I only allowed him to call me that. It was his "special" nickname for me, that he always used whenever he wanted me to forgive. I know his dumbass game so will.

"Last night was a mistake and shouldn't have happened De'Shawn." I say as he pulls in my driveway. "Jazlyn c'mon" he begs, reaching for my hand as I exit the car. I pull back my hand, "I'll catch you later." I close the door and walk to my porch. At that moment every emotion was coming back to me and I couldn't look at him for another second.

I opened my door and before I entered my house, I took one last glance back at De'Shawn who's still in my driveway. Once I got inside, he sped off.

I call back Dymond as I know she was probably worrying about me right now. After two rings she picked up.

"Girl where the fuck are you?" she yells, not even giving me a chance to say anything.

"You're gonna be mad at me. I was with De'Shawn" I say, embarrassed.

"You're lyin. No wayyy" she exclaims.

"We made out." I exhale.

"I'm gonna beat your ass. Girl we literally went to the party so you can forget about that nigga what the fuck happened?" she asks.

"I don't knowwww. He called me over when you was talkin to ol dude and I went over. He took me to the back of the house to you know talkk. But, umm more kissing was done than talking." I explain.

"Why did you fold girl?" she asks.

"I don't know, I don't know. He just dropped me home and was talkin bout how he meant everything he said last night and how he should have never messed with Jayda. I don't know, I just told him that last night was a mistake and left. I'm actually done this time, for real for real." I explain.