𝐈𝐕

June 15, 2024

9:51am

Jazlyn's POV

************************************************************

"Ugh" I groan as I wake up. I checked the other side of the bed to look for Jabari, who wasn't there. My phone was of course died.

I got outta of bed, left the room and headed to the bathroom. I used the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Dymond's house was like my second house. I got clothes, shoes, everything over here. I went to the living room where Jabari was sitting down on the couch on his phone.

"Where's Dymond" I ask sitting down on the couch. "She left out like an hour ago but ion where to" he answers. "You good?" he adds on. "Mhm" I mumble getting up from the couch and heading to the kitchen. I make some cereal and sit at the kitchen island to eat. As I'm a few bits into my cereal, Jabari enters the kitchen. "Oh you made cereal" he states the fucking obvious. "Yeah" I reply dryly. "I was gunna ask if you wanted McDonald's breakfast. Imma head over there inna bit." he says. "I'm good" I say, but deep down I knew I could've fucked up a sausage egg biscuit and some hash browns. "You sure?" he asks. "Mhm" I continue to eat my cereal. "Wait" I stop him. "You think you can drop me off at home?" I ask. "Yeah I got you" he answers. "Thanks." I finish up eating up my cereal and go get my stuff. I grab my purse, phone and other things and head out to tell Jabari that I'm ready.

"I'm ready" I say, putting on my shoes. "Okay" he gets up and grabs his keys. We leave out the front door. "Thank you" I say to Jabari as he opens the car door for me. The car was silent and lowkey awkward. Jabari was already playing music, but I decided to turn up the volume just to fill the silence. Right when I turned the volume up, Jabari turned it down. "Why'd you do that for" I ask annoyed. "Why you actin' like dat" he says. "I'm not acting no kind of way." "Yes you are. I know you and you're actin weird." "Im good" I turn and look at the window. Truth be told everything that happened last night was bothering me. Not bothering me because I didn't want it to happen but bothering me because I'm mad at myself for pulling away. A large part of me wanted to, but at the same time a small part of me didn't. De'Shawn was still in the back of my mind to be honest. He has been since the night of the party.

Jabari pulls up to my house. "Thanks" I say as I'm going to open the door. But, before I could Jabari grabs my hand. "Let's talk for a min" he pleads. "Jabari, I gotta go" I pull my hand away from his. I close the door and head inside. When I reach inside, I text Dymond letting her know that I left and reached home. I don't know why, but even though I already slept, I knocked out as soon as I laid down. My bed was feeling extraa comfy.

1:39pm

I woke up to someone calling me. It was De'Shawn.

"Hello" I grumble, rubbing my eyes.
"Why you ain't answer me" he asks.
"Huh" I say confused.
"Why you ain't answer my messages" he demands to know.
I scroll to my messages app and see several notifications from De'Shawn.
"Uh my bad. I was sleep" I apologize, reading all his messages.
"So you wanna go later tonight, we can just chill at the beach" he suggests.
"Uhmmm sure" I lowkey been wanting to see him so I give in.
"I'll come pick you up for bout 10, okay?"
"Okay" I reply
"You good?" He asks
"Mhm"
"Okay, see you later alright"
"Okay bye" I hang up.

I was chilling in my room until I heard some keys jingling at the front door. I jump up thinking it was my mom coming home.

"Oh, it's you" I say disappointed. "Shut the fuck up" my sister says with grocery bags in her hand. "So you gonna fucking stand there or help you gonna help me" she yells. I grab some of the bags out of her hands and place them on the kitchen counter. "Where's mom" I ask while looking through the bags. "She took Jalene to the emergency room " she explains. "What" I gasp. "What happened" I demand to know. "She broke her arm" she explains. "What the fuck and no one cared to tell me" I complain. "Well where the fuck were you last night, huh?" she replies harshly. "Bro, don't worry about that" I kiss my teeth. "How long they been there for?" I add. "For a couple of hours, last time I talked to mom I think they just finished her x-rays." she says. "Fuck" I say to myself. I take out my phone and call my mom.

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring* 

"Hello" she answers

"How's Jalene?" I ask

"She's doing better, here she is" she says, handing the phone to my little sister.

"Hiii my love, how are you" I wave at the camera.

"Hi Jazz look at my arm" she puts her cast in the camera.

"Does it hurt?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "It did alot, but not as much now. Can you draw something on it for me please?"

"Of course, what do you want?"

"Ummm a flower and a rainbow" she answers.

"Ok, when you come home. okay?"

"Okay!" she smiles. 

"See you soon, byee" I blow a kiss at her through screen. 

"Byeeeee" she waves.

9:23pm

De'shawn was going to be here soon and I still haven't gotten ready yet. I took a nap and made sure to set an alarm for 9pm but some fucking how I slept through it. I jumped out of bed and started getting ready. I just needed to put on some clothes, do my edges and that it, but I had no idea of what the hell I was going to wear. It was late night and plus we were just going to the beach so I just threw on some gray ripped jeans, a random graphic tee that I tied and my 3s. I did my hair in a ponytail and a side bang and did my edges. I put on lip gloss, not feeling like doing anything else. After I was done getting ready, De'Shawn was 2 minutes away.

I grabbed my purse, phone and keys and headed down stairs. My sister, Kali was in the living room. 

"Where you going, out again?" she asks. Right when she said that, De'Shawn texted me saying that he was outside. "Who's that outside?" she asks. "Bro your mad noisy, made you own" I laugh. She gets up from the couch and peaks outside. "Girl I know that aint De'Shawn" she shakes her head. "Bro mind you business, omfg" I complain. I unlock the door and head outside to De'Shawn's car. 

__________________________________

ᴄʜᴏᴘᴘᴀ
ʙʏʀᴏɴ ᴍᴇꜱꜱɪᴀ, ʟɪʟ ʙᴀʙʏ & ʀᴠꜱꜱɪᴀɴ
.ılılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı.
0:52 ─●──────── -1:57 ↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

-𝑻𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆 & 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆-