CHAPTER ONE

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚

"In the cradle of a new dawn, the fire of the dragon was reborn from the depths of a fragile egg, a promise of strength in the heart of the storm."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚

110 AC

The Queen's chambers were draped in the warm hues of the afternoon sun. Delicate curtains filtered the light, casting a warm glow across the room. The scent of lavender and rosewater hung in the air, soothing and gentle. Alicent reclined against silk pillows, her face a blend of serenity and fatigue as she cradled the tiny Naerys in her arms. Beside the bed, Viserys stood with a mixture of pride and the weariness of kingship. The room was tranquil, disturbed only by Naerys's soft coos and the distant chirping of birds.

The heavy door creaked open, and a small figure entered hesitantly. Aegon, just three years old, paused at the threshold, clutching a chipped wooden dragon toy. His wide violet eyes taking in the unfamiliar scene before him.

Alicent's tired eyes softened upon seeing her eldest son. "Come, Aegon," she called gently. "Come meet your sister."

Aegon approached the bed with slow, deliberate steps, as if navigating a fragile bridge. When he reached the bedside, he looked up at his mother and then down at the bundle in her arms. His lips parted in awe, cheeks flushed with a mix of curiosity and nervousness.

Alicent lowered the bundle so Aegon could see better. "This is Naerys," she murmured with a tenderness reserved only for her children.

Aegon stared at Naerys's tiny face, her skin pale as milk and her head covered in the faintest dusting of silver hair. "She's... small," he observed softly, almost afraid to disturb her.

Alicent smiled, a soft laugh escaping her lips. "Yes, she is. But so were you, once."

Aegon tentatively reached out, his fingers trembling. Alicent guided his hand to Naerys's tiny grasp. As Naerys's fingers curled around his thumb, Aegon's face lit up with wonder and pride, feeling the weight of responsibility he didn't yet fully understand.

The soft patter of footsteps announced Helaena's arrival. The two-year-old girl, her eyes sparkling with curiosity, approached the bed. Her steps were confident as she clambered up beside her mother, her breath catching in excitement as she saw Naerys.

"She's so small," Helaena said, echoing her brother's words with awe. "Like a doll."

Alicent chuckled. "Yes, she's small now, but she'll grow, just like you did."

Helaena brushed her finger lightly across Naerys's cheek. The baby stirred slightly but remained asleep, causing Helaena to giggle with delight.

Alicent's gaze fell on Aemond, who had been observing quietly from his nursemaid's arms. The one-year-old's large violet eyes were fixed on Naerys with a mix of curiosity and confusion.

"Come, Aemond," Alicent cooed, taking him from the nursemaid's arms. "This is your little sister, Naerys."

Aemond babbled softly, reaching out with clumsy enthusiasm. He grasped at the blankets, accidentally revealing more of Naerys's tiny form. When Naerys's hand brushed against his, her fingers curled around his for a moment before relaxing.

Alicent watched, her heart swelling with emotion. The sight of her children together, beginning to forge sibling bonds, filled her with contentment, momentarily easing her worries about the kingdom's troubles.