project

Evangeline stirred from her sleep, the morning light streaming softly through her bedroom curtains

Evangeline stirred from her sleep, the morning light streaming softly through her bedroom curtains. She lay still for a moment, savoring the warmth and comfort of her bed. But the day was waiting, and so she reluctantly pushed herself up, stretching lazily as she prepared to face it. Today, she chose a dress that matched her mood—comfortable yet undeniably stylish. It was baby blue, the color of a clear sky, and it hugged her upper body snugly before flaring out just beneath her bust in a soft, flowing shape that skimmed her mid-thigh. It was sleeveless, leaving her shoulders bare, and it moved with a lightness that made her feel like she was floating. The dress was shorter than what she usually wore, stopping just under her butt, but it was too pretty to pass up.

After slipping into the dress, she padded over to her vanity and began her morning routine. She applied her makeup with precision, just enough to highlight her natural beauty—a touch of concealer to mask any lingering signs of sleep, a hint of blush to bring color to her cheeks, and a swipe of mascara to make her eyes pop. She then moved on to her hair, running a straightener through her long brown locks until they fell in a sleek, shiny curtain down her back. Satisfied with her look, she grabbed a short white jacket from her closet, draping it over her shoulders to guard against the cool morning air.

As Evangeline stepped out of her house, she was met with an unexpected sight—Jean-Pierre standing casually by the gate, his hands tucked into his pockets. His presence was surprising enough to make her jump slightly, her hand flying to her chest as she caught her breath.

He chuckled, his smile softening as he noticed her reaction. "Didn't mean to scare you," he said, his voice carrying a hint of amusement.

Evangeline blinked, quickly composing herself. "It's fine," she replied, her heart still racing from the surprise. "What are you doing here?"

Jean-Pierre's smile widened, a charming curve to his lips. "I thought I'd walk you to school. It seemed like the gentlemanly thing to do."

She raised an eyebrow, a playful smirk tugging at the corners of her mouth. "A real gentleman, huh? You're full of surprises."

They began walking together, the crisp morning air brushing against their faces as they made their way down the street. After a few moments of comfortable silence, Evangeline glanced at him sideways, a question bubbling up in her mind.

"So, you're not expelled?" she asked, her tone casual, though she was genuinely curious. "Since we're walking to school together and all."

Jean-Pierre shook his head, though his expression darkened slightly at the memory. "Almost was," he admitted. "But one of the teachers changed his mind last minute. He wants me to stay for some Latin contest."

Evangeline chuckled softly, relieved. "Well, I'm glad you're still here. Latin, though? I'm hopeless at it."

Jean-Pierre shot her a sidelong glance, his smile returning. "I could tutor you, you know," he offered, his tone light but sincere.