Chapter 20: Thunder Strike

"The Demon Sect's Holy Maiden Bai Xiaoyao and the Head of the Taoist Sect Artifact Pavilion Lin Qingfeng went to the Demon Artifact Pavilion together?"

Looking at the intelligence report in his hand, the Six Gate Bureau agent codenamed Night Crow rubbed his chin.

Beside him, Miss Kirin also seemed lost in thought.

Ever since the day she suffered a loss for not reading the intelligence report, Miss Kirin had been coming to Night Crow more frequently to read the spy reports.

"What do you think?" Miss Kirin's voice was icy.

"How else can we see it? Although Lin Qingfeng has some talent in the Taoist Sect, his mind is quite simple. That's why the Taoist Sect asked him to take charge of the Taoist Artifact Pavilion for a while."

Night Crow's tone was a bit mocking. "This foolish guy doesn't even realize he's being deceived by the Demon Sect's Holy Maiden. It's no wonder he can't compare to the previous Head of the Taoist Sect."

Miss Kirin nodded, sharing the same opinion.

"But Kirin, what do you think the Demon Sect is really sending this pair of geniuses to the Royal City for? They wouldn't really want to rebuild the Demon Artifact Pavilion, would they? Let's be honest, with the current state of the Demon Artifact Pavilion, unless they suddenly start selling High-Grade Artifacts, there's no chance of turning things around."

Night Crow's tone was decisive.

But Miss Kirin shook her head.

"I don't care about these things. I came here today because there hasn't been any movement from the Blood Mist Netherkin these past few days, and I wanted to see if there were any important intelligence reports related to it."

"Don't worry, if there's any relevant information, I'll let you know first," Night Crow said in a relaxed tone. "But you've been busy for so many days, why don't we go to the Demon Artifact Pavilion together and have some fun, and relax?"

He was just making a casual invitation, and he knew that Kirin wouldn't usually go along with him for fun and games because of her cold personality.

But this time, he guessed wrong.

Miss Kirin slowly nodded her head.

"Well then... Let's go."

After a moment of silence, the two Nascent Soul cultivators disappeared from the Six Gates Bureau.

............

In the Demon Artifact Pavilion, the four last officers all looked a bit unhappy.

In recent days, their lives had become less urgent, and they finally had some spare time to care about the major events in the city.

Today, the entire city was abuzz with rumors that their own Holy Maiden was coming to the Demon Artifact Pavilion. Although they were a bit skeptical, they still waited eagerly at the entrance.

After all, the Holy Saint was in seclusion refining Artifacts, and they had nothing to do.

However, they never expected that their own Holy Maiden would actually show up.

Seeing the Holy Maiden, who looked like a fairy descending to earth, the four officers were all dazzled.

But before they could even feel happy, they saw Lin Qingfeng standing beside the Holy Maiden.

As members of the Demon Artifact Pavilion, how could they not recognize the Head of the Taoist Artifact Pavilion, who was soaring in popularity in the Royal City?