1. How it started

**John's Pov**

I woke up on a hot summer day. The temperature was rising, as the sun rose. My room, still a mess. I searched the floor for a clean shirt to throw on. I found a black shirt. I threw some blue basketball shorts over my boxers. Then I went down the hall to the bathroom. I combed my hair. Then I went towards the stairs. I passed Lilly's room. Then down the staircase. Mom was on the couch. She has Tylenol, Benadryl, and tissues next to her.

"You okay, mom?" I asked. She groaned and rolled over.

"I woke up with a pounding head, rising fever, and a terrible cough. I don't know where this came from. Your dad is the same. He's in bed still." She said. Then she closed her eyes to nap again.

"You need anything?" I asked.

"No. I just need to nap." She said.

I nodded, then went to the kitchen. I got a bagel. I put it in the toaster. I then went into mom and dad's bedroom. I found dad sweating, with an ice pack on his head. He was sleeping.

I went upstairs to Lilly's room. I knocked on the door. "Lilly? You in there?"

She opened the door. "What do you want?" She said with a nasty tone.

"Mom and dad are sick. You okay?" I said.

"Yeah. Im fine." She said.

"Okay. You can go back to being a brat on your own then. Just wanted to check on you." I said walking away.

She rolled her eyes and slammed the door.

I went to the kitchen and git my bagel. I put cream cheese on it then went to my room, and turned on the TV. I put on the news.

The cute TV reporter said, "The CDC has reported that there is a deadly virus attacking the globe. Billions infected. They're saying this could be the end of time. We are requiring everyone to stay home, unless it is an absolute emergency. We'll be keeping you updated after these messages."

I sat in shock, my mouth hanging open. "Deadly virus?"

I ate my bagel and waited for them to continue. I got my laptop out, ready to do some searching.

My TV blasted with the News's theme song thing. "Aaaand we're back with reporter, Michelle Carington, on this deadly virus attacking the world." ,
"I'm here at the CDC, with dr. Shrider. Can you explain what's going on to the world?"

She handed him the microphone and he started talking away. "Thus virus, what we're calling the Pathosis Plague"

I googled it as they were explaining symptoms and stuff.

My parents had every symptom. The expected outcome of it....

Death.