Chapter 1

Lamar POV

"Fuck!"

I cursed under my breath as I crossed the finish line right after Mitch.

Mitch: Damn boy, your new fancy overpriced car didn't help you at all, huh?

Lamar: Yo shut your bitch ass up, Mitch. I was just warming up my engine while you was sweating your fat ass off over there.

Mitch: Come on, no need to be a sore loser, bro. You'll get it next time...maybe.

Lamar: There ain't no maybe, I'll dust your ass next time, just give me some time to pimp up my ride and see what I can do.

Mitch: Shit man...

He said as he looked on his phone.

Lamar: Shit what?

Mitch: It's Dom, Tony just messaged me saying he got kidnapped.

Lamar: He got what? The Ballas are back at it again or what?

Mitch: We need to move, he sent me the coordinates where the van was last seen, come on, let's go.

He said with a slightly nervous tone before he sped away and I followed him.

As I was following him, I called him and put him on the speaker phone so we could talk.

Lamar: So what will we do? Pop them bitches or what?

Mitch: I don't know, let's get there first, and see if we can free Dom.

We saw a van being escorted by three guys on bikes behind it.

I put down the gas pedal and smashed into the one in the middle, throwing him off the bike which alerted the other two, who then proceeded to encircle me.

One to my left and one to my right.

The one on the right didn't last long since one intentional swerve to the right made him suffer the same fate as his buddy before him.

The other one pulled out a pistol but was gunned down by some good old drive-by shooting with my Uzi.

Mitch: Damn, chill dude.

Lamar: The fuck you talkin' bout "chill"? We're here to save a guy from being kidnapped, we ain't got no time to "chill" dawg.

Mitch: Just take it easy and-

Lamar: Get the fuck outta my way.

I warned him as I drove past him, lining my car up with the van before shooting the driver with my Uzi.

This caused the van to swerve to the side and crash into a nearby pole.

Mitch: Fuck! Are you nuts?!

He yelled as we both got out of our cars to check the van.

Lamar: Man shut yo crying ass up, we came here to save someone, so that's what I did.

I said before ripping open the van's back door, revealing Dom inside.

Mitch: Oh thank God, you could've killed him!

Dom: Hey guys.

Lamar: He's alive and well, stop yo bitchin'.

I demanded as I pulled Dom out of the van.

Lamar: You good, dawg?

Dom: I'm fine, thanks guys.

Lamar: You better thank only me cuz this snowflake didn't do shit.

Mitch: Hey!

Dom: Those guys are dangerous...

Lamar: Who's "those guys"?

Dom: It's an underground street racer group called SH1FT3R.

Lamar: So they're giving us some competition, huh?

Dom: So to speak, yes.

Mitch: I already have a crew of good old friends assembled, they'll help us infiltrate them.

Lamar: What "good old friends" you talkin' bout? I thought I was yo only friend.

Mitch: It's a good group, trust me.

Dom: So, Lamar...are you in?

Lamar: Hold on, so you want me to help your asses infiltrate a racer group?

Dom: Yes.

Lamar: Shit man, aight, I'm in. So how are we doin' this?

Dom: In order to join them, one has to beat them in a race. The next race is tomorrow evening, hosted by Layla Gray, one of their best. Are you up for the task?

Lamar: Up for it? I'm born for it. Send me the location and the time, I'll go and refuel my baby, burned quite a lot today.

I said, getting into my car and leaving them alone.